Twenty-Three:- There's Always This Little Hope

~Omniscient's point of view~

"Come on Justin. No one's going to laugh at you." Darielle tried to convince Justin into getting in the party. "No, they're going to think that I'm just an attention seeker." Justin mumbled. The both of them were at the back of the cruise ship where you could see the trail the ship left with the bubbles of the ocean.

        Darielle was leaning against the cold metal wall while Justin was grabbing onto the rails. "You're not and I can stand up for you." Darielle told. When Justin heard that, he can't help but feel guilty that she always stands up for him every time when he's in trouble. He shook his head and spun on his heel to face her. "No. I can't let you do that."

        She tilt her head in confusion. "Why?" Justin breathed in but he can't seem to exhale. Eventually he breathed out and told her. "Because every time when I'm in trouble or even feeling troubled, you always come in and save me from it." He admitted. He shook his head vigorously. "I-I want to be c-confident yet I still feel like . . . a coward." He whispered at the last word.

        Darielle stared at him with sympathy in her eyes. She made her way in front of his sad figure. Justin's head hung down in disappointment of himself. "No," She cooed as she placed her graceful hands on both sides of Justin's face. "Don't ever say you're a coward." She whispered as she lifted his head up so his eyes would meet hers. "I am and you know that." His voice was quiet.

        Tears were cascading down Justin's cheeks which made Darielle surprised. This is the second time she's seen him cry. "No. You are not a coward. Your heart just isn't ready and it should be. It's okay to get scared. I know I used to be scared." She whispers as she wiped the tears on his cheeks. "But, now you're not scared anymore, right? You've overcome it. Me? I'm living it and I can't get out." He whimpered.

        Darielle sighed as she looked up at him. "Even if I change my look and style, that doesn't mean anyone is going to treat me different." He paused before speaking again. "No one would love me." That was when Darielle couldn't take anymore of the sad Justin. She gripped harder on his face making him surprise at her movements. "Justin, I want you to remember this." Her voice was hard making Justin weak.

        "When you're unsure, when you're stuck in between how much you matter in this world, doubting endlessly, when you're ignored and unappreciated but then there's always this little hope that you hold on wishing that you're over thinking and that you are actually loved." Once she finished, Justin stared at her with an expressionless face and his dried tears.

        "Justin?" She was perplex at his quiet demeanor. Before she could realized anything, Justin instantly wrapped his arms around her waist tightly and possessively. He dug his head in the crook of her neck with her soft hair becoming a soft pillow against his face. "Justin? What are you-." He cut her off by speaking.

        "Who are you?" He whispered making her confused by his question. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You're confusing. You do stuff that surprise me. You accepted a crazy decision. You treat me as if I'm a prince. You save me in time of need. You kiss me anytime you want. You buy me things that cost a lot. You talk to me as if you trust me already. You always say stuff that makes me confused . . ." He paused before continuing. "You drive me insane, Darielle."

        She didn't say anything but enjoyed the feeling of Justin hugging her first. Before this, she did all the affectionate gestures towards Justin while he just sometimes stand there without embracing her yet other times he responds. Justin on the other hand, he can't help but feel something in the pit of his stomach erupting. He questioned himself on what was it. Darielle was confusing his feelings. He didn't know whether to hate her or . . . Like her. He never once had a crush on someone.

​        He was always the shy type and never really talk to anyone unless they tell him to. He slowly pulled away but his arms were still around her waist. Her hands were placed on his chest making his heart beat faster. He stared into her brown eyes. His eye brows furrowed in frustration. Every time he opened his mouth, he closed it. He didn't know what to say.

        The moon light shone down on them, reflecting off the ocean and making Darielle's eyes twinkle since Justin's back was facing the moon. Justin stared into her eyes. Admiring how beautiful they were. He has never seen eyes so sparkly as hers. The sound of the waves hitting the cruise ship sounded very calming. Darielle lifted her hand and placed it on his cheek.

        Her thumb caressing ever so gently making Justin shiver at her touch. The cold feeling rushed to his cheeks by the engagement ring she was wearing on her left ring finger. Somehow, his arms had minds of their own because they pulled Darielle closer against his body making no gap at all. They continued on staring into their souls. For the first time, the feeling of Justin staring into her very soul made her a little self-conscious but was unable to look away.

        Darielle had long admired Justin ever since he entered high school. He may be bullied in school because he was called the nerd, she didn't really care about that. His fair skin and caramel eyes, there were small little dots on his face yet unnoticeable and dirty blonde hair were so soft looking that she loved running her hands through it. But being this close to him, she couldn't help but notice for the first time just how muscular his shoulders were, and how plump his lips looked.

        All these time she had been kissing him, she hadn't got the time to examine him closely. What was she doing? Justin doesn't have feelings for her. No way would she ever knew Justin could be even more attractive after the makeover she gave him.

        "Justin," She gasp a little making him a bit worried when she pulled away from his arms. "How come you're . . . Muscular?" She asked as she could feel his abs form being very close to him. She was about to touch them but Justin caught her hand in his just before she touched him, startling her. Darielle may have been called, 'Hot and Dangerous' but now, Justin makes her a little vulnerable by his quiet demeanor. "When she looked into his eyes again, his expression was intense, almost threatening.

        'I can't believe I'm doing this.' Justin thought. For a moment, Darielle thought he was angry, but before she could ponder it further, he yanked her to him and covered her mouth with his in a hungry kiss. She was taken aback by his sudden actions but responded anyway. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than the times she kissed him. He tasted tentatively with his tongue, and Darielle opened her mouth with a soft moan that made Justin breathe heavily.

        Slowly, Darielle pulled away which made Justin followed the trail of her lips. Her eyes were tired looking and Justin's were wide in surprise.

        He was surprised because . . . That was his first time to kiss someone. That someone . . . Is Darielle Jones.

==========

Follow, Vote, Comment & Shout out.