Forty-Five:- The Only Reason

~Justin’s point of view~

-4 Days later-

Days have passed and it feels like I haven’t spent enough time with Darielle even though she decided to stay in my house for a week. It’s Friday now and I’m feeling a little gloomy. I’ve came to the point where I’m wearing black clothes as if I’m going to a funeral.

       My dirty blond hair was covered by my black snapback which I wore backwards. I wore a baseball tee with long sleeves that covers my palms and a hood attached to the back of my collar. The front and back of the shirt was grey whilst the sleeves were black. I had a pair of dark trousers that were loose and my feet were wearing a pair of yellow Supras. I didn’t even get enough sleep last night because I stayed up worried for Darielle. There were thoughts like:

       What if they insult her if she stands in front of them? Would she be safe there? Would they kick her out? Where would she live if they did?

       Because of that, I woke Darielle up. I sighed as I walked down halls with my hands stuffed inside my pocket. I had free period and I wanted to have a piece of mind. So I made my way to the school’s library. When I saw the doors to the library in sight, I pushed through to enter. There weren’t many students inside so I didn’t have to glare my way through to just read a book.

       I’ve always liked the library. The place is filled with books that were filled with knowledge and stuff we might not know about. Every time I felt frustrated because of the bullying I’ve been coming here. Plus, guys like David would never even step foot in here so this would be my safe place. I would just grab a book and find spot to sit. The library is a conciliatory place for me. It’s quiet and no one dares to make any noise or less likely bully someone in here.

       I walked past the tall racks of bookshelves. My fingers brushed against the cold metal as I read the categories on the side of the racks. I stopped when my eyes landed on the sci-fi section. I walked in between the racks as I searched for a book. I felt like I needed something to keep me busy whilst Darielle would be busy with her family—still hard to say that.

       As I skimmed through the books, a thought came into my mind, The Maze Runner. I’ve heard good feedbacks about this story. Even though the movie has already came out, I’d much prefer to read the story since it’s much more detailed and if you watch the movie first, you understand much the concept of the story. I searched around the racks until I came across the title of the book. I pressed my lips together as I my fingers held onto the top spine of the book and pulled it out.

       I went off to my usual spot in the library. It’s at the back of the library by the window. From there I could see the students walking around the school grounds and field. I sat on the wooden chair and pulled it so I could be closer to the table. Once I was in a comfortable position, I rest my forearms on top of the table and held the book in my hands as I scanned the cover. My fingers brushed over the little wrinkles on the cover since there were people who read this before me had folded them. I grimaced at the thought of someone not taking care of a book properly.

       A sigh escaped from my mouth and just let inner-self calm down. I opened and started reading the first page of the story.

       I have no idea how long I had been sitting in the library and just reading this book. It’s just so intense and it’s hard to avert my eyes from a page. Unfortunately, I have to since I heard the bell rang. I sighed and got up causing the wooden chair behind me to screech against the floor. I winced as my teeth gritted at the painful sound.

       My left hand held the book while the other hand quietly lifted up the chair a little and pushes it under the table. I huffed and looked down at the book as my lips were tugged to the side whilst I thought.