Twenty-Seven:- Bookstore Fun

~Justin's point of view~

How dare that jerk call Darielle a slut. I wanted to knock those front teeth of his out. I didn't realize my grip on his collar tightened even more. He was choking and gasping for air. I felt something lightly squeezing my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see Darielle standing behind me with a look to say to let the guy go. I pursed my lip and sighed. I turned back to the guy and reluctantly let go of his stupid collar. I turned around and was about to walk out of there with Darielle.

        He gasped and panted as he rubbed on his neck. "Dude! You almost killed me!" The guy yelled. I stopped in my tracks and swiftly turned on my heel and made my way back to him. When I did, I towered over him with anger and annoyance radiating from my body. He backed up against the table where Darielle was and was trapped. A scared and wary expression was on his jerk-of-a-face. I mentally smirked. That's right. Be afraid.

        I leaned close to his ear so that Darielle won't hear what I'm saying. "You're right. I almost killed you. I would've but I chose not to." He tensed right there. I smirked. "Stay away from her." Was my last threat before moving away from the douche and went back to Darielle. Before we went, she stopped me by placing her hand on my chest. She turned around facing the guy.

        "Insult me again; you will never see the light." Was all she said before throwing money at the guy's face. Hard. I winced and chuckled at his expression. I grinned before pulling Darielle by her hand out from this crap.

        ~+~+~+~+~

        It's been an hour since the encounter with the Jerk Waiter. We've been walking around the cruise ship and no talking. Neither of us spoke anything to each other.

        There was a little gap between us. I was scanning the stores as we walked. I really wanted to talk to her. I felt so stupid for pulling away from that wonderful kiss and shutting her out. She helped me through my bully cases and when I'm broken down. After the dreadful five days without acknowledging her was hell for me. I got the attention of everyone at my school and on this cruise ship. I was a little happy at that but then I remembered the reason that happened.

        Darielle was the reason.

        I got the unwanted attention from the girls and guys. All the females wanted was to have sex with me. All the males suddenly started treating me as if I was one of the jocks, cocky jerks like them. But I'm far than all those. I'm still the dork and nerd.

        Only one person who accepts that side of me and she's walking right beside me.

        I should feel so blessed for having someone like her walking into my life. I missed her so much. I missed her voice. I missed her teasing. I missed all of her. I couldn't take it anymore. I need to hear her voice. "D-Darielle?" I stuttered as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah?" She answered softly. I gulped when I heard her voice.

        "I-I . . . Umm . . . W-Well, i-it's-." She cut me off by her wrapping her arms around my left arm with a comforting smile. I looked down at her with wide eyes. My heart was beating faster at how close she was to me. "You don't have to apologize. I already forgave you long ago." She said before kissing my cheek.

        My breath was hitched in my throat. My mouth wanted to say something but all that came out was; eh . . . I'm . . . Y-You . . . Wha . . . Yeah, real smooth Justin. She giggled cutely making a fluttery feeling in my chest. "Let's go, my dork." She smiled widely before pulling me away.

        Oh God, what is this lady is doing to me?

        ~+~+~+~+~

                       At first I thought she was going to bring me to a clothes store but I thought wrong. She brought me to a bookstore. “Wha-What are we doing here?” I stammered as I gaped in awe at the bookstore. It was huge. It has two sides. The left side was shelves full of books—lots of books. The right side was a zone for reading and writing. “Well, I decided to give you a little gift after you’ve defended me from that waiter.” She grinned.