Twenty-Eight:- Confession

~Justin’s point of view~

Ever felt like you’ve just swallowed a ton of bricks down your throat? Well, that’s what I’m feeling right now. Darielle brought us back to our room. When she told that she wanted to continue what we started at the bookstore, I swear I died. Right now, I was sitting on my bed, fidgeting like a freak as I waited for Darielle who was in the bathroom doing who-knows-what.

                Okay . . . Calm down, Justin. You guys are just going to kiss; nothing major. Unless, it turns into a tongue wrestling challenge—you got to train, man.

                I groaned as I hunched over with my hands in my hair. “What’s wrong with you?” I mumbled to myself. I sighed as I slowly ruffled my hair. “Talking to yourself, I see.” I jumped at the voice. I snapped my head to see Darielle standing there in different clothing. I swear my eyes were as big as ping pong balls. I gulped as my eyes scanned her from head to toe.

                She wore this big woolly one-shoulder sweater which revealed her shoulder and it reached just mid-thigh. She was wearing a pair jean short shorts and her white tank top so, I could see her long legs that looked smooth enough for my hands to grasp them.

                I didn’t realize I was staring at her long until I noticed she was sitting on my bed next to me, waving her hand in my face. I blinked and turned to look at her. She had a grin on her lips as she looked at me in adoration. I gulped as I felt my heart beating fast as if it’s ready to jump out from my chest. “Justin?” She spoke making me swallow before making eye contact with her. “Y-Yeah?” God, she looked so innocent, but we all know how she really is. Don’t be fooled by her pretty face.

                “Tell me your story.” She asked with a glint of curiosity in her eyes. I was a little taken aback by her random question. I guess it won’t hurt to answer a simple yet complicated question. I swallowed as I shifted back until I was leaning against the headboard of my bed with Darielle moving to sit cross-legged in front of me. Once we got comfortable, I pursed my lips; debating whether or not I should tell her my sad back-story. Sigh . . . Might as well since we’re getting married sooner or later.

                I looked up at her to find an assuring smile on her lips; telling me it’s okay. I took a breather before starting.

                “Well . . . Before I became this . . . nerdy and dorky Justin, I had a happy life at Atlanta.” I pressed my lips together; trying to prevent the smile that tried to climb onto my lips. “I was in kindergarten actually, when I first lived there. I lived with my mom and dad. We were a complete family.” I scoffed as a grin slowly crept to my face. “Believe it or not, I actually had friends. I had them from kindergarten and middle school. I made more friends. Although the only friends I was close to were just five but, only two of them I was close with.” I laughed pathetically. “And I miss them so badly.” I sniffled.

                I felt a warm hand on top of mine. I looked up to see Darielle giving me a comforting expression. It felt nice when she rubbed her thumb on the top of my hand. I think I won’t regret being tied down with this girl.

                I took a shaky breath before continuing. “I-I was actually happy back then . . . I actually hang out with people. I g-got praises instead of insults.” I controlled the tears that were fighting to come out. “I had a lot of good memories. That is . . . Th-That is until my . . . my . . .” My hands flew to my head and gripped a fistful of my hair. “Justin . . .” I ignored her voice and just kept going. “My dad . . . H-He got hit b-by a t-truck! I-It was all too fast! I screamed a-as my mom ran over to him. I g-got to him; he w-was laying there . . . bloody from h-head to toe! H-He c-couldn’t move.” I snapped my head up to Darielle. “It hurts! My hero was dying!” I looked down to the sheets. “T-The last thing he said t-to me was . . . To not l-let anyone b-bring me down . . . B-But, I did! T-They push me down and I l-let them!” I sobbed uncontrollably. I was going crazy. I couldn’t take it.