Sixteen:- Him & Her

~Justin's point of view~

-In the bus; on the way home-

"A-Are you crazy!?" I yelled in anger/worry-- my voice stutters even when I yell. Darielle just made a nonchalant face as she stared out the window with her chin on the palm of her hand. "Justin . . . lower your voice." She sighed as she closed her eyes and opened them.

I scowled as my jaw was locked. "How c-can I c-calm down wh-when you're hurt b-because of me?!" I whisper/shout at her. Darielle turned to me with a grin on her face. "What makes you think that I was hurt because of you?" She questioned with soft tone in her voice.

If you're wondering what happened, that made me so worried and frustrated with Darielle . . . Is because she saved me from getting my a** beaten up by David . . . AGAIN! Now, she has a big bruise on her cheek . . . AGAIN!

I sighed. "Darielle . . . I-I know m-my mom wanted us to g-get . . ." I looked around us before whispering, " . . . married. . . B-But that doesn't m-mean I d-don't care for y-you. You sh-should've just let him p-punch me a-and let me have that b-bruise." I said as I frowned.

"You're th-the girl and I-I'm the guy. If you k-keep on defending me l-like this, I-I might not be able t-to do a thing." I admitted. "I'd be worthless." No matter if I'm a Nerd of not, I'm still a guy and guys must protect girls . . . No matter what.

I stared at her, waiting for her response but she just stared at me with a blank face. Then, turned away and continue to stare out the window. I opened my mouth to say something but . . . nothing.

I sighed and looked at her one more time before relaxing my tense shoulders and leaned back against the chair. What's God gonna do that'll surprise me?

=========

-At home-

"Mom! I'm home! Darielle's here too!" Right after I shouted her name, Mom came rushing in. As soon as she did, she gasped in horror when she saw Darielle. "Oh my goodness! What happened to you?" She came and grabbed both sides of Darielle's face.

I silently chuckled when I saw how annoyed Darielle was when Mom was squeezing her bruise too hard. I decided to stop it. "Mom . . . I think you're making it worse." I said as I pulled her hands away.

"You poor baby!" Mom exclaimed with pity as she slapped her hands back onto Darielle's face. Darielle was shocked and slightly annoyed. Stay strong, Darielle! "Mom!" I said aloud which made her pull away and placed her hands by her side.

"Sorry . . ." She mumbled. I sighed. "Do you want me to treat that for you?!" Mom asked . . . well . . . shouted. I could see Darielle's eye twitch. "Uh, it would be better if do it . . . since I'm her . . . umm . . . *cough*fiance*cough* . . ." I mumbled as I rubbed the back of my neck. I could feel myself blushing.

I didn't want to look at Darielle's expression but I only saw my mom with a wide cheeky grin on her face. Luckily she didn't record this. I could feel some tension in the air. Or is it just me.

Without further ado, I pulled Darielle by her wrist; up to my room. I gestured her to sit on my bed whilst I ran to get the first aid kit. I went back to my room and closed the door so, that Mom won't come in and grab Darielle's face again.

I sighed and sat next to her but not too close for comfort. I dabbed the medication on her bruise as she winced. "You really love saving people doesn’t you?" I stammered. She chuckled lightly. "Seriously?" She spoke.

"W-well, yeah . . ." I merely nodded. She chuckled and wrapped her fingers around my wrist and puts it down from her face. She leans up to my face until our noses were centimeters apart.

"Justin . . ." Hearing her saying my name made me red. She giggled silently as she moved over to me and straddled on my lap. I was too shock to move and my whole body was frozen.

She wrapped her arms around my neck. No matter how many times she does things like this to me, I can never get use to it. I've never ever had physical connection with a girl before. This is all new to me.

I'm sure the guys at school would kill me in a heartbeat if they ever see me like this with Darielle  . . . I'm dead meat. I felt my palms starting to sweat while my right hand holding the cotton; starts to fall out from it.

My lips were trembling. I felt Darielle's vibration of her giggling. She took my hands and placed them on her hips. I think I'm gonna die from nervousness. 

"Do I make you nervous, my dear fiance?" She whispered as she stared deeply in my eyes. Do you not feel my body shaking?! I opened my mouth to speak but it was trembling so much-- I can't even close it!

Darielle chuckled. "You're so cute." She smiled making me blush-- hard. Dear God, . . . HELP! "Justin . . ." Her voice spoke in a serious tone making me put on a question look but still shaking.

Her eyes sparkled with seriousness. My heart thumped. Gorgeous . . . Whoa . . . That's deep. "About what you said back in the bus . . ." She says. I was confused at first but then words echoed in my head.

"You're th-the girl and I-I'm the guy. If you k-keep on defending me l-like this, I-I might not be able t-to do a thing." I admitted. "I'd be worthless."

I moisten my lips as I avert my eyes to my window. "Wh-What about what I s-said?" I ask. She sighs and continues, "Just because I'm the girl, doesn't mean I can let anyone hurt you." I sighed.

"But, I'm the Dork! The Nerd! I'm weak, worthless, and unreliable! You'd regret having a husband like me!!!!" I shouted in frustration. I was taken aback at myself and I see that Darielle is too. I didn't stutter.

I feel her cold hand cupping my left cheek making me feel a twisted feeling in my stomach. What was that? I shrugged the feeling off. "I don't care." She says making a bit surprise at her reply.

"What?" I whisper. "I don't care whether you're popular or not. You're different than the guys I've seen in school. You're way better than them." She stated. I felt my heart sink, hearing her say that. "That's why . . ." She lingers and then, continues. . .

"That's why, I love you." And kisses me.