-----57th string-----

IVAN’s POV

“What was that?”

“What?”

“Why do you have to hug her?”

“Come on, dude. That was a friendly hug. You know for a fact that that was for Bella alone. I’m sorry for hitting two birds with one stone, o’right?”

“You perverted moron.”

“HAHA. I’ve never seen you this protective, man.”

“Not until you left Blaire in the middle of nowhere.”

“And you’re thinking I was planning to do the same with Leeanne?”

“Weren’t you?”

“Look. We’ve talked about this right? I was just pissing the hell out of you.”

“Do whatever you want to do. I’ll do whatever I have to do to protect Faye from you.”

“Man, you talk like I’m some kind of a monster.”

“Aren’t you?”

“Pare. Sabi ko naman sayo mahal ko si Bella and I will surely win her back.”

“Wala kong pakelam sa nararamdaman mo. Sa mga ginawa mo kay Faye para lang bumawi sakin, hindi natin alam kung nahuhulog na sya sa kagaguhan mo.”

“Okay okay. Just take it easy. You’re hurting the meat. Oh poor little barbecue, suffering from Ivan’s hot blood.” Kevin mockingly said while acting piteous of the pork I’m grilling.

*FLASHBACK*

It’s past 4am and I haven’t slept. I want to sleep but I want to savor this moment. No Kevin fooling around, no Blaire nagging about me pursuing Faye, and no Faye doing stupid stuffs. This is some kind of a world peace.

After realizing that I’m acting like a weirdo or sort of a stalker since I’ve been watching Faye sleep for at least 3 hours, I decided to check out on Faye’s cousins. I kissed her forehead and left the room. I found her cousins sleeping in the living room, including Bella. They looked crowded yet comfortable with their set-up. I carefully headed to the door, quiet enough to avoid waking anyone of them.

As I was approaching the balcony of their granny’s house, I’m starting to hear mumbles. I’m guessing they’re still up.

“Pre. San ka galing?” Kuya Mike asked. I’m not surprised to see all of them still wide awake.

“Your cousin got drunk. I had to attend to her.”

Their eyebrows arched in an instant, their eyes scrutinizing me with doubt.

“Anong ginawa mo?”

“Nag-inom yung mga babae?”

“They had a bottle of champagne. But your smart of a cousin had to drink T-ice. Don’t worry, I didn’t touch her.”

“Pano kami makakasiguro?”

“Bat kelangang ikaw pa?”

“Inang told me to take care of her so the responsibility is mine.”

Kevin chuckled then blurted, “Chill brothers. I know him. He wouldn’t do such things.”

“Yeah. If Kevin attended her, that’s when you should really worry.” I answered. I didn’t need his defense.

“HA come on, Ivan. I’m on your side.”

“Magkaaway ba kayo?” kuya Mike asked out of nowhere.