Chapter 3

Sunday 14th February 1965

Camp David

7pm

“Jackie I’m sorry it took so long to get here, things just kept happening in Vietnam.” Jack said as they walked into their cabin.

“Its fine Jack, I understand.”

“I have a surprise for you.” Jack teased.

“Oh and what would that be?” Jackie asked as she sat down on the sofa.

Jack pulled out a long black velvet box out of his jacket and handed into her.

“Go on open.” Jack grinned.

As Jackie opened it she smiled brightly. “Oh Jack its beautiful, thank you!”

It was a solid gold chain with their initials carved on it.

Jack picked it up and helped her put it on.

“Would you like your present?” Jackie asked.

“I haven’t finished yet.”

Jackie watched him as he pulled a single red rose out of his jacket and handed it to her.

“Oh Jack.”

“My love is like a red, red rose that’s newly sprung in June, my love is like the melody that’s sweetly played in tune.” Jack whispered.

Jackie kissed him. “Robert Burns.”

Jack nodded.

She gently pulled out a small box from her bag and handed it to him. He opened it and smiled. “Jackie thank you so much.”

She smiled. She’d got him a beautiful carved piece of bronze that had “John F Kennedy – Jacqueline Kennedy, for eternal love 1953 – always.” Carved on it.

“I love it.”

He quickly kissed his wife.

After a quick dinner Jack went and checked the news while Jackie disappeared into the bedroom.

She closed the curtains and lit some candles before slipping into a short lacy nightie. She sprinkled some rose petals on the bed before pacing the bottle of Champaign into a bucket of ice. She then went and lay on the bed.

After a while Jack made his way upstairs and into their bedroom. When he saw Jackie he grinned. “Wow.”

“You like?”

“Very.” Jack smiled.

“I wanted to make Valentine’s Day special.”

“You have, did you unplug the phone?”

“Of course I did.”

Jack took his shoes of and joined her on the bed. “I like this.” Jack said running his hand down Jackie’s nightie.

“It’s new.”

“I noticed.”

Jackie laughed before nuzzling her neck. She was kissing him and teasing him as she took his clothes off. Jack soon pulled her under the duvet.