Chapter 28

25th December 1965

The Kennedy’s Living Room

Jackie was sitting with Finn in her arms, she and Jack were watching Caroline and John opening their presents.

“Novembers going to be an expensive month next year.” Jack muttered.

“What?”

“Four birthdays, Caroline’s, John’s, Finn’s and Bobby’s.”

“Oh yeah.” Jackie laughed. “I can’t believe he’s a month old.”

“I know.”

“MUMMY LOOK WHAT SANTA GOT ME!” John yelled.

Jackie smiled. “That’s nice John, I’m sure later your Dad will take you outside to play with your new kite.”

“Oh thanks Jackie.” Jack joked as he started tickling his wife.

“Stop that right now Mr President and behave yourself!” Jackie teased.

Jack grinned and took Finn from Jackie.

Caroline was lying on the floor playing with her new dolls. Jackie went and joined her. John moved closer to Jack.

They were sitting playing when there was a lot of commotion outside. Jack got up quickly and handed Finn to John.

Jack opened the door to find a lot of reporters standing shouting at him. He quickly shut his dressing gown and ruffled his bed hair. “No pictures.”

They obliged and put the cameras away. “What do you want?”

“Is it true Mrs Kennedy’s Pregnant?”

“We just had a child.” Jack replied.

“But it’s rumoured she’s expecting again.”

“I can confirm that she’s not.” Jack said. “Now go home and have a merry Christmas.”

Once he re-joined his family John came and sat on his knee. “I love you Daddy.”

“I love you too John.”

He and John started tickling each other as Jackie, Caroline and Finn watched on. It was times like these Jackie was very grateful that he’d survived that day in Dallas she couldn’t have coped without him, he was the love of her life.