Chapter 21

GW Hospital

24th November 1965

Jackie Kennedy's Room

Jack was standing with baby Finn in his arms. He was cradling him when Jackie returned from the bathroom. "You ready to take this one home?"

Jackie nodded. "Of course."

"Do you want to carry him?" Jack asked.

"He look's happy enough with you."

"Ok."

Jackie walked beside her husband as they walked out of the hospital. Jack was holding little Finn happily. The press were shouting questions, so he walked over to them. They all started smiling at Finn.

Jackie went straight into the car and slammed the door. She fell back against the seat and rubbed her head before staring out the window. "Mrs Kennedy are you okay?"

"I'm fine Mr Hill."

Clint nodded but not believing her.

Back outside Jack was showing his son of proudly. "Sir, what's his name?"

"This is Finn Bouvier Kennedy."

"How is Mrs Kennedy?"

Jack turned but looked round confused as he hadn't heard Jackie leave. "She's recovering slowly."

"Right I must go." Jack grinned.

Once he was in the car he put Finn in his car seat and he quickly fell asleep. "Jackie?"

His wife turned to look at him, she looked exhausted, she had bags under her eyes and was really pale. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Where did you go?"

"I just feel tired like with John, I just couldn't face the press."

"That's okay kid." Jack smiled as he took her hand.

Jackie gently leaned across and rested her head on his shoulder. Jack gingerly stroked her hair.

When they arrived back at the White House, Jack carried Fin upstairs to his room. Once he'd put him down for a nap he went and joined Jackie in the living room. She was lying on the sofa with a hot water bottle. "You okay?"

"I'm still sore bunny."

Jack rubbed her arm. "I need to go back to the office but I'll be back up shortly."

Jackie nodded before snuggling more in to the sofa.

Jack kissed her head before leaving.