Chapter 11

The Kennedy’s Bedroom

The Residence, the White House

Jack was lying on his front sound asleep in bed. He was exhausted and his arm was hanging down the side of the bed. He was in a deep untroubled sleep till there was a loud pounding on the residence door.

He looked up slowly and saw that it was only 3:36am. Jackie was still asleep so he got up quietly. He made his way to the door slowly. When he opened it Pierre was standing. “Good morning sir.”

“Pierre it’s not morning it’s the middle of the God damn night.” Jack replied.

“Sorry sir.” Pierre said as he walked into the residence.

“What can I do for you?” Jack asked as he lay down on the sofa.

While Pierre was talking Jack’s eyes began to close.

“Sir?”

“Sir!”

“I’m awake, I was listening.” Jack said sitting up.

“What did I just say?”

“I don’t know, what do you want?”

“The press want to know where you disappeared to for an hour last night with Jackie.”

Jack paused for a moment. “We were on the phone to my mum and Pat, they’re in Paris at the moment.”

“Really?”

“No but that’s what you’re going to tell the press.” Jack said getting to his feet.

“Ok.”

Jack nodded and closed the door after his press secretary had left.

Once he crawled back into bed he fell asleep quickly.