16

Chris left soon after that, leaving Allison and I alone in my living room watching reruns of 'Friends' while eating our Chinese. "He asked you to come to Boston with you?"

"Yeah, should I go?"

"I think you should. It could help you figure out your feelings, you know?" I nod.

"I guess, yeah."

"When are you going?" She asks.

"He said tomorrow around noon."

"Then go pack, dumbass." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"But, it's so much work." I groan, leaning my head back.

"Well, I have to finish unpacking, you go pack." She says.

"Fine." I put my food on my coffee table. I stand up, running up the stairs into my room.

-

Chris and I are at the airport, we just landed in Boston. His brother is gonna pick us up, and we're going to his house. "Are you nervous?" Chris asks.

"No, why? Should I be nervous? Oh my God, now i'm nervous." He looks down at me and laughs.

He puts his arms around my body, bringing me closer to him. "Don't be nervous."

"Well, you asked."

"I was joking." He kisses the top of my head. We walk outside, seeing his brother parked out front. We climb in the car, Chris sat in the back with me.

"Hey, guys." His brother turns around.

"Hi, Scott." I greet with a smile.

"I heard you got the part for Captain Marvel, congrats." He says, backing out of the parking lot.

"Thank you! I was so nervous." I chuckle.

"Well, you totally nailed it, Violet." Chris says as he takes my hand in his a gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"My parents are so excited to see you again, they literally made you a cake." Scott says, laughing as he turns on their road.

"Really?" I giggle.

"Yeah, my mom called me this morning wanting to know what's your favorite kind of cake." Chris says.

"Did you tell her your favorite cake?" I ask him.

He sheepishly nods, "it's a good cake. Vanilla cake with whipped cream and strawberries. The best." He answers, a toothy smile on his lips.

"Vanilla, this one completely surprises me if I'm being honest Chris. A plain flavor for an extravagant man, I did not see this one coming." I say as I try to hold back my laughter while clutching onto my knee.

Scott lets out a laugh as he pulls into the driveway. We step out of the car, Chris grabs my suitcase and his. I grab it out of his hand and we walk inside of the house.

"Hi, Violet!" His mom greets.

"Hi, Lisa." I give her a short hug, hugging Bob after.

"How was the flight?" Bob asks. Chris walks up from behind me, hugging his parents.

"It was good, we slept the whole time." Chris says.

"You guys go settle down, come downstairs when you're ready." Lisa says.

Chris and I walk upstairs, into his bedroom. I set my suitcase down and jump into his bed. He lays down next to me. "I'm tired." I yawn.

"When are you not?" He asks, chuckling.

"I'm always tired." I say, facing him.

"I know, baby." He says, closing his eyes.

My eyes widen, baby. He's never called me that before. Should I start calling him names, too?

-

It's later that night, around 12am. Chris and I just ate dinner with the family and hung out downstairs for a while. Right now we're just laying on his bed.

"I wanna go to the mall tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say, moving closer to him as it's chilly in his room.

He wraps his arms around me, bringing me closer than I was before. "How come you wanted me to come here with you?" I ask him.

He lightly grabs my hand and starts playing with it with his hands. "Because I like being with you. And my family likes you." He says.

"You like being with me, huh?" I smirk, even though he can't see me.

"You don't like being with me?" He teases, turning over so he's facing me now.

"No, I do. I like your presence. I get lonely sometimes." I say.

"I'm glad I make you less lonely." He mumbles.

"You tired?" I ask him.

I feel him shrug, "A little, but I wanna talk to you." He says.

My heart practically just melted right there. "Go to bed, we can talk all day tomorrow." I say.

He yawns, "Okay, baby."

He scoots closer, pulling me closer to him again. I close my eyes and wait for the darkness to cover over me.