39

I quietly walk down the stairs. Tina and Allison are in the living room watching a movie. I sneak passed them, walking into the kitchen. I sigh loudly, flipping my hair over to the side. I hear a knock on the door as I pass it. I sniffle, wiping my nose with my hand.

I open the door, revealing Chris. I sigh, shutting the door on him. I turn around, walking into the kitchen officially.

I hear the door open and close from the distance. I grab a banana, peeling it open. "Violet." I hear.

"No."

"Look, please hear me out." He says.

"What? You realized that you fucked up? I get it. I'm not good for you. Just leave me alone." I say, turning around to see him.

"I know I fucked up." He says. He walks over to me, looking down.

"I listened to someone and I shouldn't have. You are only perfect for me and I love you." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Stop." I say.

"Vio-"

"No, Chris." I say, raising my voice slightly. "I've been crying all day, I haven't eaten. I don't want to see you right now."

I walk passed him, shaking my head. He grabs onto my hand. "I'm sorry." He says, his voice cracking.

"Talk to me tomorrow." I say, walking out of the kitchen.

-

"And he tried to fix things?" Tina asks.

I nod. "He's so dumb." I say, putting my head down on the island.

It's the next morning, Tina and Allison brought me donuts. I sigh loudly, "I feel like a stupid high schooler. I need to chill." I say, chuckling softly.

Allison gives me a sympathetic look. "I went to his house yesterday and told him how stupid he was. He read an article and saw that you 'cheated' on him." She says, using quotation marks with her fingers.

I sigh again, rolling my eyes. "Again, he's stupid." I say.

"But, his dad is also sick." She says. "He's leaving for Boston tonight." My eyes sadden as I look up.

"Should I go talk to him?" I ask.

Allison nods, "I think so. Talk things over, come back later."

I nod lightly. "Okay." I stand up, exiting the kitchen.

I drive to Chris' house, my hands shaking from anxiety. When it comes to Chris, I'm not okay. I'm in love with him and I'm selfish. I drive my car into the driveway. I see Chris putting a suitcase in the back. I quickly get out of the car, running towards him.

"Chris." I say. I walk over to him, he turns around.

"Violet." Chris breathes out. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Allison told me about the article, and I think you're stupid but I love you. And, I hope you believe me when I tell you, none of it is true. And, I'm sorry about your dad." I ramble fast, shaking my head as I speak.

He puts his hands on my waist. "I'm sorry for being stupid, I love you so much." He says.

"You're going to Boston?" I ask him.

He nods, "I gotta see my dad."

I nod, "okay."

He sighs, looking down at me. "I'm sorry, Violet. I'm so sorry for being a douche." He tells me.

"I don't blame you. The articles seem real." I say.

A frown takes over my lips. He puts one hand on my cheek, making me look up to him. "I love you." He kisses my lips.