40

Love is a strong word, and some people don't know the context of it. When you genuinely love someone, you'll know. The feelings I have for Chris are real, and I don't have to explain them to anyone.

He left about 2 hours ago to Boston. He's staying at home for three days to take care of his dad with his family. He asked me to come with him, but this is a family emergency, and I'm not going to intrude.

I guess you could say, we're okay now. But, I think I will always be hurt by this. He didn't trust me, but he also had a lot on his mind. So, I don't blame him.

Anyways, I'm at the mall with Allison and Tina. They both dragged me here, because we're going to a party or something tonight. "So, who's party is this?" I ask, looking through the racks to find a cute dress.

"It's my mother's friend, it's a dinner party and I didn't want to be alone, so I'm forcing you two to come." Allison smiles.

"You're always at a dinner party." Tina chuckles, picking out a red dress.

"That's true." I nod my head in agreement.

"It's not like it's my fault. I'm forced." Allison groans.

I pick out a right off the shoulder, black long sleeved, bodycon dress. "How's this?" I ask, shoving it closer to my body.

"Oh my, God. Go try that on!" Allison pushes me to the dressing room.

I nod, turning to Tina. "Try that red dress on." I tell her.

"Okay."

I go into the changing room, quickly trying on the dress. I look in the mirror, admiring how it looks on me. "I love it." I say, exiting the dressing room.

Allison gasps, "You look hot. You gotta buy it."

"You know, you can wear that gold dress I have, I know you like it." I tell Allison.

Her eyes lighten up as she smiles widely. "Really?"

I nod, "Yeah. It'll probably look better on you, anyways." I tell her. She gives me a side hug, thanking me.

Tina exits the dressing room, "Tina, you look gorgeous." I smile at her. "Should I get it?" She asks.

I nod, "You have to!"

"I agree with Violet. You have to get that dress. you look stunning.

-

"Hello?" I answer my phone, as I brush the mascara want on my lashes.

"Hey, baby." Chris says through the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, moving on to the other eye.

"Well, I miss you." He says. "My dad's getting better, I guess. I just wanted to heart your voice."

"You're cute. When are you coming home?" I ask, a small smile on my lips.

"Friday." He answers. It's currently Tuesday, so I'm hoping this week goes by quick.

"Okay." I say, putting on lipstick. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"Putting on makeup. I'm being forced to go to some dinner with Allison." I roll my eyes.

I hear him chuckle through the phone, "That sounds like fun." He says.

"No. I'm going to be complaining, so expect some texts later." I say.

"I will. I'll let you finish getting ready, because I'm assuming that's what you're doing?" He questions.

"You're right."

"Okay, baby. I love you, bye."

"I love you, too. Bye." I hang up the phone, sighing slightly.

"Are you ready? We gotta go, now!" Allison frantically runs into my room.

I nod my head, "Yes! Okay, lets go." I say, rushing her out of the room.