27

I walk into his house, entering his living room. I see Sebastian and Chris talking. "Hello, boys." I greet, jumping in the middle of the two.

"Hi, beautiful." Chris kisses my cheek.

"Sebastian, I have a friend who's slightly interested." I tell him.

His eyes widen, instantly looking into mine. "Yes?" he asks, playing it cool.

"Her name is Kristen, she's cute. Shorter than you, pretty, a blonde. She works at a coffeehouse down the road from my house. I can give you the address, she should be working right now." I say, checking the time on my phone.

"Yes, ma'am. What's the address?" He asks.

I give him the address. He stands up, "Wait, show me what she looks like first."

I pull out my phone, scrolling onto her Instagram page. "This is her." I say. He grabs my phone, looking through the photos.

"She's actually gorgeous. Thanks, V." He smiles, handing my phone back.

"Don't say I did anything. Flirt with her, and get her number." I smile up at him.

"Okay, gotcha. See you guys later!" He waves, exiting the house.

Chris starts to laugh, making me giggle and look his way. "What?" I ask.

"You're a matchmaker." He chuckles.

"I guess so. He's been wanting a girl for a while now." I laugh.

"I know. Is she good enough for him? I want him to be happy." He says, I nod.

"She's amazing." I smile up at him.

"You're amazing." He says, kissing my cheek.

"I try to be." I move over, sitting on his lap. Practically straddling him.

I wrap my arms around his neck, he smirks up at me.

"I'm bored." I pretend to pout. A small smirk forms on his lips.

"I can help with that." I mimic his smirk as he picks me up.

-

Chris took me out to a boardwalk. "I miss your dog." I say, leaning my head on his arm as we walk.

He laughs, looking down at me. "Wanna go, then?"

I shake my head, "No, but can we go get pizza from down there?" I ask, pointing to the pizza parlor down the boardwalk.

"Okay."

"Chris?!" I hear a lady's voice, screech. He and I turn around, his face drops.

"Hey, uh, Jenny." He greets with an uneasy smile.

"It's been a while since we've seen each other. How are you?" She smiles, touching his arm. As if I wasn't here at all.

"I've been good, with my girlfriend." He swallows, looking down.

"Oh, I'm so rude!" She laughs. "Hi, I'm Jenny Slate." She holds out her hand.

I shake it, squeezing a little hard. "Hi, Violet Weaver." I give a fake smile.

"Chris and I used to date, a little while back." She says, still smiling.

I nod, pursing my lips into a thin line. "Oh, cool."

"Anyways, I gotta go. We should catch up, soon, Chris." She says, smiling.

She walks away, making me turn around. "I'm not gonna catch up with her, or whatever that means." He says.

I nod, "I know."

"Then, why are you mad?" he asks.

"I'm not mad. I'm tired." I say, giving short answers.

He stops me, wrapping his arms around me. "Look, I lo-..." He trails. I give a confused look. "We were in a movie together, and went on a few dates. I only want you, okay?" He asks.

I nod, "Okay." I give a small smile. He wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you wanna leave?" He asks.

I sheepishly nod, "I wanna watch a movie and cuddle with you and your dog." I say.

He chuckles, "okay, baby." Hand in hand, the two of us walk to his car. He opens the door for me, I step in. He shuts the door and trolls over to his side, and gets in.

I put my seatbelt, as does he. He starts the car, putting his hand on my thigh. "Don't be upset." He says.

"I'm not." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, I'm sorry." He says. He turns his head, looking at me. I look over.

He puts both hands on the sides of my face. He kisses me, softly. Soon, we part. I grab one of his hands, intertwining our fingers. He begins to drive home.

I wouldn't say I'm upset, but I would say I'm slightly annoyed. Does she have feelings remaining for Chris? Probably.

Shortly, we arrive to his house. I step out, as does he. We enter the house, his dog greeting us. I walk into the living room, jumping onto the couch. His dog takes a seat next to me, resting his head on my lap.