29

(authors note- in the last chapter i made chris 33 because chris being 37 and violet being 28 is a whole 9 year difference and people hate that ok ty)

After Allison showed me the article, I was practically on the floor laughing. "Wait, there's another one. This looks bad." Allison says, worry flashed through her expression.

I grab the phone, looking through the article.

Hi, E!NEWS Lovers!

Few weeks ago, Jenny Slate has been seen with Chris Evans and his girlfriend Violet Weaver. Just last week Jenny and Chris have been seen at a coffee house, looking flirtatious and full of lust as a bystander says.

Is this the end of Chris and Violet? Are the two Gifted Actors, Chris and Jenny dating again?

Jenny; a home wrecker as someone says, seemed happy as they left. Chris, did not

What does this mean? Write your ideas below!

I begin to grow confused. I didn't know they saw each other last week. I give Allison her phone back, grabbing mine from the couch. I call Chris, him picking up after the two rings.

phone call:
chris - italics
violet- bold

Hey baby

Hey, so I was just looking at an article...

Come on, V. I said not to look at those things, it's all false.

Yeah, I know. But, this one I read really struck out to me. Did you happen to have coffee with Jenny last week?

No, if I did, I would've informed you. I'll be at your house in 5, don't go anywhere.

Okay. Bye.

Bye.

I hang up the phone, rolling my eyes. I believe Chris, he and I were together most of the week. I don't get why news articles and tabloids like to stir up drama.

"Okay, so I'll go. I'll leave you two to have some privacy." Allison says, standing up.

I nod, giving her a hug. "Okay, bye." Once she left, Chris enters the house.

"Hey." He greets, sitting next to me.

I give him my phone, on the article. He doesn't say anything, his face turning red. He angrily hands my my phone. "That was two years ago." He says.

I tilt my head to the side. "The picture?" I ask.

He nods. "Oh."

"You didn't believe the article? Did you?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know." Pursing my lips, I lean back into the couch.

"How could you believe something stupid like that?" He asks, wiping his face with his hand.

I shrug again, "I don't know." I say again.

He stands up, a loud sigh escaping his lips. "Do you not trust me?" He asks.

I give a look. "Obviously, I do." I say, standing up as well.

"Then, why do you doubt me?" He asks, his voice raising.

"I don't doubt you. I just thought it was weird, that we saw her a few weeks ago and randomly articles are being written about the two of you." I cross my arms.

"V, I wouldn't do that to you." He says, grabbing my hips.

I shrug, "Not saying I doubt you, but I have my doubts." I say, looking down.

He backs away, a dry chuckle being heard. "Are you serious?"

"I don't think I'm good enough for you." I say, my eyes locked onto the floor.

I hear him sigh, again. "You're more than good for me." He says.

I look up at him, "I'm sorry." I sit on the couch, bringing my legs to my chest. He sits down, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'll talk to Andrew and publicist tomorrow, okay?" He asks.

I look at him, nodding. "Okay." He pecks my lips.

"Do you want me to stay the night?"

"Please."