7 8 Good People

Vierne pulled out the pendant from her neck, "Do you remember this?"
Evgeni pulled out his pendant, "They look similar,"
"I'm your sister,"
He looked at her, "You look nothing like me though and why don't I remember you if you're my sister?"

Vierne was speechless. Evgeni rose up and looked around, "Where am I?" He dusted his clothes and looked down at Vierne, "You--"

"I pray you'll be alright," She sang, "And watch where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know,"

"How do you know that song?"
"My mother sang it for me,"
"My mother sang it for me too,"
"That's because we have the same mother. You are my brother, Evgeni."

He looked away, deep in thought, "Yeah, maybe. Can I go back home now?"
"Lict, drop him home," Vierne said. Lict looked at her then turned towards Evgeni, "Come,"

Everyone else had turned into ashes. The blight had eaten them away and she ran over the ashes. Aleksei and the others watched her run towards the mansion.

It was evening already, as the golden blaze of light lit up the library, Vierne sat with her books. Lict was busy cleaning up the entire mansion and fixing everything back. Aleksei entered the library and sat beside her. He kept the golden box before her. She looked at it and then at him,

"What is this?" She asked.
"It's an album," Aleksei said. Vierne picked the box up and looked at its cover, "The living memories of the Earl, Avgustin Obolensky, lady Laura Obolensky, son Evgeni Obolensky and daughter Vierne Obolensky." She read in Latin, "It really is an album,"

"Open it," Aleksei said. Vierne opened it and slowly heard music. She got up and looked aside. The music was being played by her parents. She looked at their faces from up close. The golden box showed everything to her that it had shown to Aleksei. She finally knew what happened ten years ago and how her parents died.

When they both came back to the real world, Vierne closed the box and turned towards Aleksei.
"So, I'm adopted?"
"That's what it says."
"But how is it possible? How can I be a demigod if I'm adopted?"

"It only means one thing. One of your real parents was a god."
"Did my mother knew that I'm a demigod? Because she didn't seem surprised to watch me develop a Sila so she must know that I'm not human since the beginning."

Aleksei nodded.
Vierne turned back and looked into the mirror, "I am so confused. If I am adopted, why did I feel that strange connection with Evgeni? Just who am I? Will I ever even find out?"

Aleksei took a deep sigh.

"I couldn't know about my past-I guess I'm not meant to know it." Vierne said.
"Or maybe, you are not ready to know it," Aleksei said.
"You are ready to know it, we just need a better narrative," Grigory entered the library with Viktor following him.

"Does this demon ever leave you alone?" Aleksei asked.
"He seems to really like me," Grigory smiled. Vierne looked into Viktor's eyes, "You're a demon, so you must know, right? About who I am,"

"There's nothing that demons don't know," He smiled as he pressed his chest, "I got some dirt on everyone,"
"Really Viktor?" Grigory looked at him, "Why don't you tell us,"

"Goddess Yolanda had a kid with a mortal before, right?" Viktor asked.
"Yes, she did," Aleksei replied.
"What happened to that kid?"
"They killed him?"
"No, he was sent into another mortal woman's womb. It was queen Alexandria Romanov who gave birth to Goddess Yolanda's child."

Everyone was dumbstruck.
"And she grew up to become princess Anastacia of the great Russian empire. She was a demigod but without her Sila. Her life went great, receiving the royal treatment until the fall of the Romanovs and assassination of the royal family.

But, since she was a demigod, the gunshots couldn't kill her and she ran away with her near dead brother Alexei. She couldn't save Aleksei and he died on the way. She burried him on the spot where his body was later found by a newbie archaeologist.

Meanwhile, Anastasia ran away to England, lived throughout the century, roaming through English towns and begging for food. She didn't age a day. She travelled across the woods when one day a priest spotted her and took her to the church with other orphan children. She was later shifted to a Catholic church in Siberia and stayed there until Goddess Yolanda found her and took her in.

By then, Goddess Yolanda had asked for the rebirth of that mortal man, who was born as a Russian earl in the Obolensky family of the Rudnik dynasty. He had haemophilia and anaemia. And Evgeni inherited haemophilia and anaemia from him."

Aleksei slid a picture of the Romanovs to on the table and Vierne looked at it, "You mean, I am the lost princess Anastacia?"
"And Evgeni's real sister."
"So, I started aging after meeting my parents?"
"It seems so."

'I felt it since forever'
"Viktor, who is the God who killed my parents?" She asked.
"I'm sorry, I can't tell that,"
"But why?"
"Because she has some contacts with people I don't want to mess with and neither do you,"

"Thank you, Viktor. This was enough to get me started," Vierne smiled. That night, Vierne sat at the terrace and looked at the stars. Lict came to the terrace and stood behind her.
"Milady, we should go inside, it's really cold here,"

"Lict," Vierne said, "Guess I'm nearly a hundred years old too," She laughed. Lict knew it had been bothering her, "So, both my parents are dead, it's confirmed now."
Lict looked at his feet.

"Lict, being a star, can you read other stars in the sky?" Vierne pointed at a cluster of stars. Lict smiled, "Yes, I can,"
"Then, can you see my parents up there?"
"I can,"
"How do they look?"
"Like stars," He sat beside her.

"That was a stupid answer,"
"Then stop asking stupid questions,"
"What the—Hey, I'm your master!"
He leaned towards her, "Then, act like her." He kissed her gently. She kissed him back.

"Lict,"
"Hmm?"
"Tell me, what do stars tell you?"
He smiled, "They tell me that good days are coming our way, and so are good people,"

-To be continued

ViktorDear Ms Lady Demigod

Viktor
Dear Ms Lady Demigod