5 0 Freinds Can Be Soulmates Too

"What did they do?" I asked. We were back inside our hotel room.

"They say...Stillborn demigods are stronger fighters than normally born demigods. Evgeni was normally born, I was stillborn. We were supposed to fight with our Sila but I could never defeat him; not even once. I got no food. I was kept in the dungeons without food for months because demigods can't die of starvation. Evgeni, on the other hand, was treated like a prince and grew up in a huge palace. He was a student at the lab.

One day, I got away. And for the first time ever since I was born, I saw the sun under an open sky. But they have put a chip inside my gut. They can trace me and reach me. I have been fighting them for a long time but now they've sent Evgeni. And he is still so strong. I won't have been here if Melissa didn't transform."

"Why would they do this to a little child? It sounds so mentally and physically depreciating! Aren't they human?"
"That's the problem. They are human," Akagi said.

'They are human—This seems so painful to hear from him.' Vierne thought.

"Those who bullied you were also human. The one due to whom Lict got a curse, was also a former human. It's always been this way-Humans have been hurting us since ages. And we have been collecting that pain and anger within us—And now it's destroying us on the inside."

"Why did you never tell anyone about this?" Lict asked.
"Nobody asked because nobody was there. It was just those four walls and me for so long that my eyes forgot what light looked like. After a year of starvation, the hunger died and my body functions stopped just like you."

Vierne looked at him, "My left eye lost its vision because I was stabbed there and I didn't have enough spirit energy to heal it then and there. My legs were covered with thorns and snakebites but I still ran because if I stopped, I could have never made it out again. And now they have found me, but I'm not going back there."

Aleksei sighed and gave off some cigarette smoke, "It's so sad," He crushed the cigarette into the ashtray, "There are humans but no humanity,"

"Anyways, who is hungry here? I'm starving," Aleksei smiled.
"Let's just go to Teremok. I really feel like eating something there." Akagi said.
"Okay, let's go have some dinner then."

But apparently, the restaurant was full. They barely had any seats left. Lict, Melissa, Akagi and Maks sat at one table and Vierne and Aleksei sat at another table.
"This isn't very comfortable. Too many mortals around." Vierne looked around. Aleksei laughed, "The food here is good though,"

"I am keeping certain expectations. Let's hope the chefs meet those. If the food is not to my liking, I will leave immediately and ask Lict to cook instead."
"Try eating some fast food once in a while,"
"Fast food? Treacherous! My fine tongue has never tasted anything but sophisticated, well cooked, traditional Russian dishes."

"...Excuse me, can you take our order?" Aleksei caught hold of a waiter.
"Yes sir," He took out a writing pad.
"Yeah we need a Russian Dill pickle, chicken Mexican and Ukrainian borsch," Vierne had never heard of those names since she was used to classic Russian dishes.
"What about your drink, sir?"
"Mimosa-You should try that." He told Vierne.
"That's it?" The waiter asked.

"Yep." The waiter went away and Aleksei looked at Vierne.
"If it's bad, I'll throw up on you."
"Well, won't that be an honour—To be a carpet of Russian nobility."
"Talk about self-depreciation." Aleksei laughed.

"So, you are an exorcist—What's your Sila?" Vierne looked into the menu.
"I can sense spirits."
"That's it?"
"Yeah."
"How do you fight with that Sila?"

"Well, I don't fight parades. I have no interest in becoming a gatekeeper. I want to stay in the mundane world and solve various mysteries of the astral world. I want to travel rather than settle down as a gatekeeper and learn as much as I can. I do know some martial arts to protect myself."
"I see. Have you felt any spirits around here?"
"Yes,I've felt certain overwhelming energies too."

"Overwhelming energies?"

"It's the same energy as that of your mother's rose garden. I felt the same energy inside the Catherine Palace. I really wanted to ask this—Is your mother related to the Romanovs?"
"I," Vierne hesitated, "I think so..."

Lobelia and Evgeni flew towards a manor house and entered inside through the balcony of a room. She lay him on his bed. He pressed his back on the bed and looked at the ceiling. She sat beside him, on her knees.

"My lord," She looked at him.
"I saw a girl demigod for the first time,"
"I thought they were just legends," Lobelia said but Evgeni was lost thinking something.
"When she touched my hand, she felt so familiar. Like there were invisible strings connecting us and pulling us closer. It was a strange feeling."
"Like love at first sight?" Lobelia asked.

"Might be. I've never really experienced any kind of romantic love so I don't know what that feels like." He pressed his chest, "My heart is trying to tell me something."
"Milord?"
"We might be soulmates. I feel a strange connection from her,"
"Connection? Like what?"

"Like I have known her since very long."
"You seem tired Milord,"
Evgeni got up from his bed and walked towards the balcony.
"Your music will be your key, no matter what your instrument might be,"

Lobelia closed her eyes and Evgeni began singing.

"Who taught you this song?"
"I don't remember. I just know since always." Lobelia stared at him for a while.

"About Vierne," She said, "She already has a star spirit.
"Then, we just need to get rid of him."

"Understood, Milord. But we have to kill him before the eclipse or he would be difficult to handle."
"When is the lunar eclipse?"
"Within the next ten days."
"Alright. I'll see the best day for it."

He took a deep breath and turned aside, "I'm tired. I'll rest for a while."
"Yes, Milord." She closed the door of his room and stood outside it.

Vierne reached back home and lay on her bed, "Vierne," Akagi stood at the door, "We will be leaving in three days. Is there anywhere else you want to go?" He asked.
"No,"
"Did you find the thing that you were looking for."
"No, but I'm sure I got closer to it."
"Well, good for you." He walked out of the room, "Lord Akagi," Vierne said.
"Yes?"

"Lict is my soulmate, right?" She asked.

"Yes, our star spirits are our soulmates. Why did you ask that though?"
"I feel like... I have another soulmate."
"Well, soulmates don't usually have to be romantic. They can be a friend, teacher, pet, family, anyone."
"In that case," Vierne smiled, "Can you and I be soulmates?"

He chuckled and she blushed, he looked into her eyes with a smile, "We might actually be. We might be soulmates." Lict stood at the edge of the wall and listened to their conversation. He clenched his fist.

"I think I might have figured out what I need," Vierne said.
"What is it?"
"Those twelve books. They must have my answers."

-To be continued

Evgeni MedvedivaDear Ms Lady Demigod

Evgeni Medvediva
Dear Ms Lady Demigod