7 2 I Give Up

As soon as the morning sun gave out its first ray of light, Vierne, Akagi, Melissa, Aleksei, Maks, Slavik, Belka, Galkin, Nadia, Evgeni and Lobelia stood inside the rose garden, forming a circle. Aleksei looked at the Maks who raised his arm and looked above. A square formed above the circle which slowly came down, Aleksei was about to open the seal to the Astral world when suddenly all of them heard a loud voice on the seal and stepped back. Cracks appeared on the square as if something was pushing it strongly. All the star spirits formed their respective shields to protect their demigods.

Maks was trying to hold on to the door to the Astral world but it was getting heavier, finally, the door shattered and Lict jumped down. His wings were bigger, his eyes and the region around it was black. His limb tips were black extending up to blood red. He had blood on his clothes, his hands and his hair. His contract mark was gone. Akagi took out his gun and gave seven shots right into his head but nothing happened to him. The bullets fell down from his head and he healed back in seconds.

"Dammit," Akagi shot Melissa, and everyone else shot their star spirits,
"Melissa! Destroy the obstructions and engrave my path! This is an order from your lord demigod himself!" Akagi shouted.
"Belka! Raise a hell of fire! This is an order from your lord demigod himself!" Slavik shouted.
"Nadia! Give the winds of fortune a light of the living! This is an order from your lord demigod himself!" Galkin shouted.
"Lobelia, show no mercy! This is an order from your lord demigod himself." Evgeni said.

The pacts were formed and everyone held their gifts in their hands, surrounding Lict. Their demigods stood before them to protect their star spirits from the curse. Aleksei and Maks stood in a corner and watched the fight. Akagi held Melissa in her second form and attacked first. Lict disappeared,

Akagi's eyes glowed red, "Lobelia, he's behind you!" Lobelia swung her sword and Lict appeared right behind her. Lobelia didn't hesitate on attacking him, and rest others followed. "Belka! Fire tornado!" A huge tornado of fire launched towards a Lict and brought his hands forwards, changing the direction of the fire towards the mansion. The tornado went inside it and the mansion was on fire.

He turned back and swindled his fist so hard against Vierne's sword that it broke into pieces. Plants grew beneath him and grabbed his feet, Akagi rose up with Melissa in his hand. Lict turned back but Vierne punched him but he still held on and grabbed the axe which was coming for his throat. The blight spread all over the axe.

"Milord, it's burning!" Melissa shouted.

Lict grabbed Vierne's neck, "Rose weed!" Galkin shouted and Nadia's eyes glowed green. A huge rose plant grew out from the floor and wrapped itself around Lict. Lict left Vierne's neck and got wrapped in the plant. Slavik and Belka gave out fire from their palms. It wrapped inside the plant and it caught fire, "Burn in hell you monster!"

The redness of the fire slowly turned black. Lict wasn't glowing golden, he was glowing black and purple. Akagi looked at them while washing his axe in spirit water, "He's strong. How are going to defeat him, Melissa? You can't even touch him,"
"I guess you'll have to do it alone, without depending on your star spirits,"
"My Sila isn't made for warfare, I need you."

Meanwhile, Aleksei and Maks ran inside the mansion.
"Maks, get some water and extinguish the fire,"
"Yes, Milord," Maks ran in another direction, towards the bathroom. He took some water in a bucket and threw it around but it was magical fire, water could not extinguish it. Aleksei ran towards the library and began collecting all the twelve books of heavenly secrets that Vierne had left on the table. He didn't know how to carry so many thick books alone, "Maks! Maks come here!"

Maks reached the library. His body was on fire. His hands and chest had burnt badly already, "Maks!" Aleksei shouted as he kept the books aside, "Oh my God, we need to treat you!" Suddenly, the chandelier fell from overhead and blocked the entry.
"Oh lord, Maks!" Maks fainted in the smoke and fell on the ground, "Maks! Maks!" The fire reached the books and Aleksei grabbed them between his arms. If one of them was damaged, the effect would be seen on that book possessed by every other star. And once damaged, they lose their magic.