1 0 Trust Your Straight

I had gone full Sherlock Holmes after that. Who was the cursed one Lord Akagi talked about? Was it me? I might not be surprised if I were cursed, my Sila is merely destruction anyways. Then, he talked about some favour. Maybe this would give me a clue as to what he was talking about. I pressed my ear on the wall.

Suddenly, I felt fingers on my waist. I shouted but someone covered my mouth with their hands. I was getting kidnapped! I turned to have a look at their ugly mug.

"Eavesdropping is bad." It was Melissa. She dragged me away from the room and I finally pushed her away when we were at a safe distance from the room.

"What is your problem?!" I shouted. I hated her! I could have found out something very important if I continued listening but she just had to bring her butt where it didn't belong.

I noticed a black smoke slowly emerging out of the floor. It didn't smell like smoke and it was suddenly all around us. Melissa ran away from me "Wait—Melissa! You whore, you ditched me!" I couldn't move at all. It was as if the smoke had grabbed my legs.

"Vierne!" I heard Lord Akagi's voice and opened my eyes. We were in a desert. I immediately realised that we were in the blank space, but how did I get there? Lict wasn't around.
"Welcome!" I heard it and turned back.
"Cheater! You used black magic to teleport us here." Melissa barked.

"Your mistake, you're so gullible." Said the man who seemed the pathetic demigod I was supposed to fight. I looked at Lord Akagi. His eyes were burning red. He took out his gun and shot at Melissa. The force was so strong, that I could feel the impact of the gun. It must hurt a lot.
"Melissa! Demolish the obstructions and engrave my way! This is an order from your master, the Lord demigod himself!" He shouted, and the same thing happened as it happened to Lict.

A thin red thread from the wound given by Lord Akagi's gunshot on Melissa wrapped around his wrist just like last time. He pulled it up and she got up. He looked much more dominating than me. I was inspired. Melissa then took out the axe from her side pocket. The axe was shining, she jumped and sat near Lord Akagi, they truly looked like a pair. Not random two people fighting together to achieve a common goal. I realised I had much to learn. He looked at Melissa, and as he looked away, the other star spirit's head was separated from her body.

Melissa had gone to her, sliced away her head from her body and broke her weapon. All it took her was just one second. It happened within a flash before I could understand anything. He did control time! But how did Melissa use that power of his master?

"How pathetic," Akagi smirked. The other demigod started giving off smoke from his body "No!" He shouted. He didn't come here to get his ass beaten up, but guess what—Losers will remain losers, cheating can't help.

"I pity star spirits that have to serve trash like you. I wonder what that makes them." Lord Akagi roasted him effortlessly.

I was looking at him when I saw that pink square coming towards us and soon I found myself back in the real world. He shot me a glance and then walked away.

"Let's take you back home." He said and I followed him.

He was strong and in the end, he was an enemy too. I had to fight him someday. I just wished that when the time would come, I wouldn't hesitate to kill Melissa. The author I admired so much was lost. I just wished he would kill me before I reached him.

When we reached the mansion, Lict had already laid the lunch. I was hungry so I quickly devoured the dishes prepared by my butler. Lord Akagi and Melissa joined me.

"Lict, Vierne was attacked by a demigod in the school today and forcefully dragged into the blank space by a dark spell." At that time, Lict was doing the dishes, as he heard it, he turned and dropped my cup from his hands. But the worst was yet to come.