6 4 Music is mine

Soon, all the children we had rescued joined the school with us. Evgeni joined Escola too! But damn, Maximus was a weirdo.

"Vierne, you haven't kissed my forehead in a while." Maximus smiled while disturbing me in the library.
"I'm not doing that,"
"Why?"
It's obviously because you're not a kid. He's a bit thick in the head.

"But that doesn't make me less adorable," He reminds of some blonde brat.
"Lict?" He said. To make things worse, his Sila is reading thoughts.
"Da! (Tn//Yes) I love my Sila."

"I feel personally attacked when I talk to you," But honestly, I think he doesn't realise what he is doing. And he's a bit of an airhead. He doesn't talk to anyone but me.
"That's because I don't trust anyone but you," He smiled. I walked out of the library.

Damn, I wanted a little brother!
"Do you not like me because I'm older than you?" He sulked. I turned towards him and looked into his eyes, "Why do you keep following me around—Are you a dog?"
"Is it a nice thing to be a dog?"

Know that this guy has spent his entire life in that dungeon—His head is completely empty. For someone who has been devoid of love, even the most unnoticeable kind actions are overwhelming. I patted his head. He was slightly taller than me. He looked at his feet,
"Being a brave demigod is better," I smiled. He looked into my eyes, "I want to be just like you!"

"Are you sure you're nineteen?"
"I don't know—That's what I think. I don't know how much time I've spent in there."
"You're definitely not nineteen! You even sound like a fourteen-year-old!"
"Fourteen-year-olds are cute." He smiled. My head hurts.

The bell rang and I went downstairs on the second floor for the math class. I met Grigory on my way and he asked me where I had been. I told him everything. Even the possibility of me being the successor of Princess Anastasia.
"Your features do match," He trusts me so much it makes me soft.

"What if I am related to Anastasia?"
"Well, that doesn't make you less of Vierne. You are still you, I don't care if you're related to Anastasia."
"I guess you're right,"
"What about Lict though. You said the seal would break after the lunar eclipse. Have you thought of a solution? The lunar eclipse is just in three days."

"No, I couldn't figure it out. I thought the demon would help but he almost possessed me so I can't depend on demons anymore,"
"Vierne, can I get that book?" Grigory asked.
"Why do you want it?"
"I want to check something. It might help Lict,"

"You're not planning on summoning a demon, are you?"
"Don't worry, I won't do anything that lands us into trouble."
I was desperate for help from anywhere. I was trusting him.
"Okay, I'll ask Evgeni about it,"

After class, I went to Evgeni's locker. He was taking out some books.
"Evgeni, do you have the Gate with you currently?" I asked.
"I brought it with me," He took it out from the locker, "You need it again?"
"Yes, I'll return it to you soon." I snatched it from him and turned back before he could inquiry further.

"Vierne," Evgeni closed his locker, I looked into his eyes and he looked away. He rubbed his neck while looking at a wall, "So, I have a masquerade ball coming this weekend at the manor house. We've invited all the aristocratic families in Russia. I need to choose a bride."

"Bride? You have Lobelia with you,"
"Lobelia is a servant."
"Aren't star spirits your lifelong partners?"
"Yeah so? They don't have to be romantic partners. You decide whether you want a servant master relationship with them or a lovers relationship."

"You don't like Lobelia?"
"Not as a woman. Besides, Lobelia is my female counterpart. I can't marry her. I'd be like I'm marrying myself,"
"That's complicated,"

"Anyways, I want you to attend the ball,"
"Weekend? It's the night of the lunar eclipse. I'm sorry I'd be busy."
"You're not attending because of Lict?"

"He is my priority currently, sorry," I couldn't be dancing in balls while my star spirit is dying. Lobelia might be a servant to Evgeni but for me, Lict is my everything. He is my music butler!
The bell rang, "Well, I understand." Evgeni smiled but he looked a bit sad.

The next class was on the mannerisms. My feet were sore that day, thanks to all the walking and running I had done within one week. Dancing would make it worse so I decided to skip and went to that open area before the school basketball court.

It was cold and seemed as if it was going to rain. I walked down and sat on the stairs while looking at the court. I saw a few boys playing basketball so I decided to enjoy the match, "Skipping?"

I turned back. Lict was in his basketball Jersey, drenched in sweat. I blushed, "Yeah, my feet hurt,"
He sat beside me with a water bottle in his hands, "Mine too. I went to get some water," He gulped down half the bottle in one go.

"You want some, Milady?" He asked.
"Yes,"
"Okay, I'll get another bottle, wait—"
"No," I took the bottle from him and drank from it, "Milady! I drank from that,"
"No wonder it tastes like you," He turned red and I laughed.

So, am I flirting? I looked at him, "Lict,"
"Yeah?"
"Remember the time I named you. I never thought it could mean so much."
He looked into my eyes and smiled, "Lict, show me your contract mark," I wanted to see if the curse had spread till his mark.

He pulled his sweatshirt down and I looked at his chest. Lict was engraved on his chest in English letters. It looked like a scratch mark of a wolf claw, "My spirit animal is a wolf," He told me.

I touched his contract mark, "Did it hurt when you got this?"
"A bit but it's okay. Wounds given by you are my strength, Milady,"

I like Lict, not as a servant, but as a man. And this might be one of my most favourite romances.

He blushed.
Oh no, he heard my thoughts! I was embarrassed and red.

"Lict-"
"I like Milady, as a master, and as a woman." He took a sip of the water bottle, "There, we are even now,"
Lict, I don't want you to go.

He chuckled, "I'll try to stay as long as I can,"
"Can you stay as long as I live?"
"Will you like me like this as long as you live?"
"I might like you more than this,"
"Well, I guess then it's worth staying,"

I leaned towards him and he looked into my eyes. I could hear him breathe, as I moved closer I could feel the warmth of his skin. He brought his hand before us and a ball struck it.

"Sorry—Hey Lict, stop flirting and join the match!" A guy shouted at Lict. You don't order my star spirit around. Lict got up, "I guess that is enough of a break. How many baskets have you done without me?" Lict walked away.

I wanted him to stay but I didn't know how to keep him beside me. He walked away with the other boys while I just sat and stared at them.

I pressed my face on my knees.
I was sulking.
Lict is mine!
Music is mine!

-To be continued 

Lict The Hour of Music with the books of heavenly secretsDear Ms Lady Demigod

Dear Ms Lady Demigod