6 6 Soft Darkness

Evgeni and Vierne danced through the ballroom with everyone else. Some people stood at the corners and looked at them.
"They look so perfect with each other,"
"I guess his highness found the girl he was looking for tonight,"
Everyone gossiped while Lobelia just stared at them.

Lict's face was covered with the purplish-black blight and his eyes were black. The vitiligo had begun to spread all over his back. The seal had broken and the demon was out. Lict picked up the axe that Akagi had dropped and Melissa caught the blight too. She shrieked,

"Melissa!" Akagi ran towards him using Skorost and snatched Melissa from him. Though she was saved from Lict, Akagi got blighted too. Aleksei looked at Lict. Lict moved towards him but Maks drew a blue shield around him.
"Stay at one place now,"

Lict punched that shield and it broke down into pieces. Maks felt dizzy due to the sudden energy imbalance and Lict ran towards him.

"Vierne," Evgeni finally gathered his courage. "Yes?" Vierne looked into his eyes. "Will you—"
She felt strong heartburn and fell on her knees, "Vierne!"
Everyone gasped and Lobelia ran towards her, "Quickly, call a doctor,"
He ordered Lobelia. Vierne got up and ran outside.

"Vierne!" Evgeni followed her with Lobelia. She quickly ran down the stairs and looked inside the car. Lict wasn't there, "Vierne," Evgeni stood behind her. They heard a scream and ran down another flight of stairs to reach the garden.

Akagi had saved Maks from Lict's attack by bringing his axe between them, "We can't afford everyone to get blighted. One of us needs to perform the purification after all," Akagi said and pushed Lict away with the axe.
"Lord Akagi!" Vierne ran towards him, "Don't touch me!" He shouted, "You'd get blighted too."

Evgeni and Lobelia stared at Lict.
"He's completely a demon now," Lobelia said.
"Not yet," Evgeni stressed, "His contract mark is still intact. We can still kill him,"
"What—No!" Vierne shouted.
"Accept it, Vierne. You cannot save him," Evgeni stabbed Lobelia and formed a pact.

Lobelia made a sword and ran towards Lict but before she could reach him, he fell on the floor and touch his back with his fingers.
"What's he doing?"
"Lobelia—Get away!" She quickly made a silver shield between them and looked at Lict.

The vitiligo slowly grew upwards, forming protrusions on his back that resembled branches of a tree, they slowly formed bones and got covered with a thin sheath of flesh.

"Demon wings," Aleksei said.
"What now?" Akagi asked.
"Firstly, let's take him away from the mortal world so that he cannot harm people here."
"Lobelia, black space," Evgeni said and Lobelia brought her arm forward and a silver square moved towards them and engulfed them all along with Lict.

They reached the blank space, Astral world.
"You better know what you're doing," Akagi looked at Aleksei.
"I know what I'm doing," He took out an amulet, "I'll perform the Nuo exorcism,"

"Are you mad?! You said it yourself that it didn't work! You're not a fangxiangshi!"
"But I have to be one for now or he'll completely turn into a demon!"

Aleksei walked towards Lict and threw the amulets in the air. They all revolved around Lict. Aleksei closed his eyes and chanted his prayers. Everyone looked at Lict who was shrieking as the demon inside him and the exorcist fought each other. Finally, the amulets burned down.

The demon had won.

A huge earthquake took over in the astral world. Akagi could feel the blight getting stronger but he was trying his hardest to hold on.
"Alright, I had enough," Evgeni said, "Lobelia! Magixiya 13, Orfografii v tret'ikh, Vyzov forma tri, Wings of fortune"

She closed her eyes and drew out her white wings. She went up in the sky,

"Magixiya 17, Orfografii v tret'ikh, Vyzov forma tri, clone caster quadruple" She waved her hands in a circular motion. Her body started shining and soon, four of her clones were created, each of them holding a different weapon.

"Since we can't get close to you, her clones will take care of it," Evgeni said. The clones attacked Lict from all four directions. Akagi ran towards him and attacked him with his axe. He dodged everyone with an expressionless face. He just defended himself and dodged their attacks.

Suddenly Vierne realized something, "Stop it!" She shouted and Aleksei looked at her, "Vierne—"
"No really, please stop—It's for your own good!"
"You stay out of it," Lobelia said.

"No!" Vierne moved closer, "He's just memorising your movements!" Akagi moved back and saw that Lict had an axe too which looked just like Melissa. He moved towards Akagi and fought him just like Akagi was fighting him a few minutes back. Akagi's hands were covered with the blight, he fell down while coughing.

"It's reaching my throat and choking me," Akagi said. Lict swung up his axe but Lobelia attacked him from behind. He dodged her and moved his hands in a circular motion. He formed four clones of himself.

"That's my magic!"
"That's what I said," Vierne said.
"Maks, get us out of here, now!" Everyone gathered around Maks while Lobelia fought with Lict.
"But Lict—" Vierne moved towards him but Aleksei held her hand, "Akagi is in critical condition. We have lost Lict, we can't afford to lose more people. Think of everyone, Vierne,"

Vierne slowly turned back.
"Lobelia, come!" Evgeni shouted and Lobelia flew towards them with Lict following her. Maks made a blue square that engulfed everyone. Lobelia made a shield that moved Lict away from them as they made an exit from the Astral world.

Once they were out, Aleksei took an amulet and with a prayer, he sealed the door to the Astral world. Akagi dropped the blighted axe, "Melissa," He coughed, "Revert,"

"Lobelia, go get some water," Evgeni ordered and Lobelia ran towards the water tap at one corner of the garden. She poured some water in a bucket and ran back towards Evgeni. Aleksei chanted the spell and poured the water on Akagi. The blight had gone so deep into his flesh that it gave out smoke as soon as the water touched his skin.

He clenched his teeth as the blight began disappearing, "The pain must be excruciating," Evgeni said.
"I know," Maks agreed. It took all his spirit energy to heal himself and he fainted with Melissa.

Evgeni allowed them to stay at the manor house for the night. Akagi and Melissa slept inside the guest room while Vierne and Aleksei were given a separate room.

Everyone had shattered hope but Vierne was determined to save him. That night, Vierne went to Akagi's room to talk to him. He lay on the bed and she sat beside him.

"One week and he'll die. Then the demon in him will possess someone else. You can't touch him or you'll catch the blight too,"
"I will use my magic,"
"You don't know anything about your Sila,"

"Then teach me. We only have a week, teach me everything I can of my Sila. I have trained with Lict so I can bear more struggle."
"You're a noble, Vierne. You can't stand to be drenched in sweat,"
"For the man I love, I can lay luxury into a pit. He promised that he will fight till his last breath and so will I"

Akagi looked into her eyes,
"You've softened up, Vierne"

-To be continued

Vierne ObolenskyDear Ms Lady Demigod

Vierne Obolensky
Dear Ms Lady Demigod