7 0 Born Out Of Happiness

I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't expecting to find those remains in the garden. Lict told me mortals couldn't kill divine creatures and I believed it. I believed that maybe my parents were alive. They must be—It must be someone else's remains!

Aleksei examined the skeleton closely. "It's about ten years old--Even after so long the bones are rich with spirit energy, it must be some deity."
Oh no, "And it looks a woman's skull."
"Is that my mother?" I asked.

"I'm afraid it is,"
Of course. I shouldn't have believed Lict and raise my hopes. Who am I fooling? My parents are dead and it's the end. Aleksei called Lord Akagi to help him pull up the skeleton. As soon as they pulled it out, I noticed that the roses were beginning to die. They withered away as soon the skeleton was entirely out.

Aleksei took out his phone and clicked some pictures of the skeleton.

The sky turned grey and lightening covered it all. A strong wind blew with dust and broken branches of trees. The weather changed drastically in the next few minutes.

"Maks," Aleksei guided his star spirit, "Get some petrol from the car. We are burning this," I guess he was going to perform some exorcism. Maks ran away and came back with a tin can of petrol with him. It began raining but Lobelia covered us in a shield.

Aleksei poured the petrol over the skeleton and lit a matchstick. It burnt in blue flames while he muttered something beneath his breath. It rained cats and dogs. I could hear the raindrops striking the shield loudly. Once the bones were turned into ashes, the rain stopped with the wind. Lobelia removed her shield.

Aleksei picked up the ashes and buried them inside the forest. So, mom is dead.
"She wanted to come back for you but she couldn't, Vierne," Lord Akagi consoled me but it was futile. I was feeling pretty pathetic.

"What about dad?"
"I honestly don't know. But chances are that he isn't alive either,"
"Why is it so that whenever I'm happy—It never lasts?"
"Heroes aren't born out of happiness, Vierne,"

That was a strong answer. I had no comeback to that. Everyone else went to sleep. I asked Evgeni and Aleksei to stay at my place that night so that next morning, we all could leave for the Astral world together. Though, I couldn't sleep. I had learnt of mothers death, plus I was to fight Lict the other day—How in the world could I sleep? I got up from my bed and went down to the rose garden.

Lobelia had fixed the floor tiles back to their place. But the garden wasn't the same anymore. The flowers were dead and the land seemed barren. It was so beautiful—I ruined it. There were no blue roses anymore, just pale yellow grass withering away every second.

My childhood was spent in that garden--It was the last memory of my mother and now it's no more. How much more do I have to lose? Please God, just tell me why I'm going through this--Will it bring me happiness or pain? If it's pain then I'll have to give up because I can't take it anymore. My world is falling before me and I can do nothing to stop it.

I looked at the pendant hanging around my neck. Lord Akagi told he found it on the fountain, I guess this belongs to mother. I have seen it before—Why can't I remember?

Looking at it, I missed my mother. I couldn't remember her face clearly, but I knew how she was. My heart wanted to rain, and if you want it to rain, sing. That's what my mother told me, your music will make you your key—Doesn't matter what the instrument might be.

My instrument is my voice. And my voice is my strength. So, I sang.

"Could you please sing that again?" I turned back. Evgeni stood behind me. Was he trying to say encore? Did he like my voice? Well, if course--I mean, I'm just perfect. But I was surprised he wasn't asleep. However, I decided to bless him with my voice again.

I began singing but this time he sang along. I was shocked and so was he, we were waiting for each other to stop singing but neither one of us stopped before finishing the song.

After we were done, I turned awkward because I thought only my mother knew of that song, she and dad sang it often before I went to bed—How in the world does an outsider know of it?

By hearing our song, Lord Akagi and the others came at their balconies and stared at us.

"You've got a good voice," I complimented him, "How do you know of this song?" He asked me.
"Mom sang it for me before bed, what about you?"
"I don't know—I just know it since forever," He was constantly staring at my pendant. It had my name written over it—Maybe he was fascinated by it.

I looked at it and raised up the rectangular piece with my fingers, "You like it?" I smirked.
He moved his hand inside his shirt and pulled a pendant like mine, just that instead of a rectangular piece, it had a ring handing at its end. And the ring had his name written on it, in Latin.

But the colour and the designs were the same. Even the metal used to make them seemed the same. We both were equally surprised. That song, now the pendants,

"Where did you find this?"
"My parents found it around my neck when they found me buried in that snow--So it's always been there with me. That's why they called me Evgeni because that's what the pendant says."

I moved closer to him and he moved closer to me. We stood before each other with our pendants in our palms. Now, I realised why our eyes looked so similar, why we felt this connection between us and maybe I knew who our parents were.

Yes, our parents.
"You're my brother, aren't you?"
This is why I wanted a little brother so bad, because deep inside, I knew I had one. And it was Evgeni. Though, I honestly don't remember how he got lost or if my family ever went to Siberia—Where he was found.

Evgeni hugged me and I hugged him back, "Finally I found my real family,"
Everyone was shocked but I guess they were happy. Evgeni and I even had the same scent. I was so happy that it felt almost unreal, "Mom was right," I said, "Your music will make you your key,"
"Doesn't matter what the instrument might be," Evgeni said.

Our pendants began shining. I never realised it could be a spell. The ring had a slit where that rectangular blade fitted perfectly and formed a key. I had no idea what the key was for but I felt stronger.

I met my brother, I could meet my father too. I had hope.
Please dad, please be alive and safe.

-To be continued

Goddess Ivsana Dear Ms Lady Demigod

Goddess Ivsana 
Dear Ms Lady Demigod