Chapter five: Only One Way

All throughout the rest of the week, I did my best on keeping Kaylee away from Mrs. White. I was afraid she would run her mouth or get us both in trouble for some reason.

But Kaylee still insists on finding out about Mrs. White. Even though I would like to find out about her too, I wasn't about to investigate or potentially stalk her.

I don't know what it is with Kaylee about stalking.

"It's not called stalking." Kaylee said as she sat down on my couch.

I chuckled as I sat down with her. "Then what do you call it? Following her around to find out things about her?"

"Being curious." She said. I watched as she looked around then back at me. "I like your place. It's cozy."

I smiled. "Thanks." I looked around at everything that was on the walls and how I made it my own by adding small touches of everything that made me feel like it was home.

It took a while to make it feel like home, but over the years I added small things every chance I got. I'm happy with it. It's not a total disaster.

"Where should we go?" Kaylee asks as she pulls her legs up on the couch and stares at me.

I shrug. "Whatever you want to do."

There wasn't much to do around this town, unless you had money. It's all about money here, and if you don't have any then you're shit out of luck.

"We could go to the park." She suggested. "It's a nice day." She gasps. "We can have a picnic."

I smile as I stare at her. "Sure, why not."

It was Friday afternoon, and classes got out early today. It was a nice day, not too hot. It was a good day to just sit outside and relax.

We decided to pack some things to eat, and even though I don't have much at my place, we decided to go back to her house to grab some things.

She said her mom shouldn't care, and she didn't but she did make us agree on something.

"If you take food from my house, then I get to come with you." Jordan said.

"Sure." I said but heard Kaylee groan at the same time. I look over at her and gave her a confused look.

We all packed some things in a bag, including drinks and food. Plus whatever else Jordan stuffed into the bags.

After a few minutes, we were ready to go. Jordan decided to drive instead of Kaylee, and I was stuck being in the backseat again.

On the way there, Jordan and Kaylee talked as I looked outside at the trees and other things that passed by.

Soon enough, we were pulling into the parking lot of the park. As I got out to help Jordan with the bags, I saw her look around before speaking. "This brings back memories."

I didn't understand what she meant, but I didn't think twice about it as I grabbed a bag and followed her and Kaylee to the entrance.

There wasn't a lot of people here, but enough to make it seem like it was crowded. There was always a lot of people here even on busy days like Monday.

Some people, who didn't have jobs or anything, came here to hang out.

I don't blame them, because this is the most peaceful place in town. Especially with all the noise that happens around here.

We found a spot to sit down at, and after Jordan laid the blanket down, I sat down along with Kaylee.

I looked around and couldn't help but smile at how nice it was.