Chapter Twenty: Fire Starter

"That one looks like a fish." Kaylee pointed to a cloud in the sky and I tried to see it, but couldn't.

I looked over at her. "I think your imagination is shit." I smiled when she looked over at me.

"You're mean." She said as she looked somewhere else.

I chuckled as I looked up at the sky at all the different clouds and enjoyed the sun, the trees and everything around me as I was just in a complete state of happiness.

"I love life." I sighed out as I looked towards the sky. "Even though some things doesn't go your way or something unexpected happens, you should always be grateful for the blessings that were handed to you."

I felt Kaylee look at me and I looked over to see her staring at me. "That was beautiful, Dakota."

I roll my eyes as I looked around then heard Jordan's voice. "Can you two come here for a minute?"

We both got up off the ground and walked to the backdoor where Jordan was standing. She smiled at us as we walked inside to see Alexis holding a remote and pointing it at the tv.

"Kaylee, I need you for a moment." Jordan said. I watched them walk out of the living room and I looked over at Alexis.

I watched as she was trying to do something. "What are you doing?"

"This stupid tv. Won't. Work." She gritted her teeth.

I watched as the tv wasn't doing anything then I looked to see her pressing buttons on the remote. "Could it be the batteries?" I asked.

"I changed them." She said. "I'm about to lose my shit."

I chuckled. "Don't do that. You might not get your shit back."

She looked over at me then back at the tv. "I give up." She laid the remote down then sat on the couch.

I picked it back up and looked at it as I was trying to figure out what Alexis couldn't. I wasn't much of a technical person, but I knew a few things.

I went over to the tv and looked at the back of it to make sure everything was hooked up right. I tried pressing the buttons on the tv.

Jordan and Kaylee came back in. "Did you figure it out?" Jordan asked as she sat down next to Alexis.

"Nope." Alexis said as she was watching me.

I saw Kaylee walking towards me. "What are we doing?" She said as she was watching me.

"I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the tv."

Kaylee looked around the tv. "I don't know much about them, so I can't help."

"Yeah, I don't either." I said as I gave up.

Jordan looked towards us. "Did you figure it out?" I shook my head as she was watching towards us. "I'll see if I can." Kaylee and I both sat down on the couch. I watched Jordan for a moment until the tv came on and she looked over at us. "I got it." She walked over to the couch and sat down next to Alexis.

"How?" Alexis looked over at her.

Jordan smiled at her. "I'm just that good." I watched as she got close to her face then pulled back.

"Yeah, I guess so." I watched as Alexis put her arm around Jordan as she turned the tv.

Whatever was on tv was catching my attention. I didn't even know exactly what it was about, but I was very interested in it.