Chapter Twenty Eight: Pains

Emma stayed in the hospital for about a week. She was doing better as from what Emily said and I was happy that she was alright.

I never went to the hospital because I don't like that place. I just hope Emma understands. I would love to see her, but I would have to wait until she got out and was home.

When she did come home, I was more than ready to see her. I skipped the rest of my classes and told Kaylee where I was going.

I also told my mom about everything that happened and she insisted on staying for an extra week or so. I told her that she didn't have to, but she could tell that I needed her here.

I was a little nervous to see her but I couldn't understand why. I was just afraid that all my emotions would come out and I didn't want to break down in front of her.

I knocked on the front door and waited until someone opened it and Emily was standing there. She opened the door a little as I walked inside.

I followed her to the living room where Emma was laying on the couch as the tv was on. I stepped in closer as Emily was in front of me.

"Mom, Dakota is here."

Emma quickly looked towards us and our eyes met. She had a bandage around her head and she looked so fragile. It was like the first time seeing her, because everything else around me was fading away and it was just us in the room.

A week without her was like staying underwater for eternity. I was drowning, but yet I didn't realize I was until the moment I saw her again.

I walked over to her and she stood up then pulled me in a hug. I hugged her back and I could feel her arms tightening around me.

We stayed in that position for a few moments until she pulled back. She stared at me until she brought her hands up to cup my face. "I love you." She brought her lips close to mine before slowly kissing me.

I kissed her back and grabbed her hips. As I was deepening the kiss, I heard Emily behind me. "Please stop!"

I pulled back and looked over at her as she was walking out of the living room. I looked back at Emma as she was staring at me, and I could feel my heart pound in my chest.

She pulled me on the couch and wrapped her arms around me as her head was on my shoulder. She interwined our fingers and I couldn't help but smile as I looked towards the tv.

After a few minutes, Emma leaned her head off of me and stared at me. "Aren't you suppose to be in class?"

I stared at her for a moment. "I skipped the rest."

"Dakota."

I smiled. "It's ok. I talked to someone at the front desk and they said it was fine. I'm doing better in my classes."

"That's great." She pulled me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you." She smiled at me then cupped my cheek.

I smiled at her then grabbed her wrist and leaned towards her then pressed my lips against hers. When we pulled back, I stared at her bandage around her head.

"How are you feeling?"

She sighed then shut her eyes for a moment. "My head hurts but I'm ok." She slightly smiled.

"Are you sure?" I watched her for a moment. "I'm so sorry, Emma."

She grabbed my hands. "Don't, Dakota. This is not your fault."

"I don't blame myself but I am sorry that this happened to you. I'm sorry for everything that happened to you."

She brought our lips together and gave me a small kiss. She smiled when she pulled back. "None of that matters anymore."