Chapter Thirty One: Tonia, the therapist

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Emma asked as her arms were wrapped around my neck.

I nod as I stare at her. "Yeah. I need to do this alone."

She nodded then placed a small kiss on my cheek. "Call me when you get done and be careful."

I smiled as I leaned in and kissed her. We said our goodbyes then I walked to my car and got in. I waved at her as I was pulling out of the driveway and got onto the road.

I had the piece of paper against the steering wheel, and I was glancing at it every now and then to make sure that I knew where the address was and where I was going.

GPS was up on my phone, which was in my lap. This whole thing was dangerous but I was careful with what I was doing.

I just had to make sure I knew where I was going.

It was about an hour away, which wasn't terribly bad but it was one hell of a drive. Especially with the traffic.

But nonetheless, I got there but I was a little confused when I looked around. There were houses and it was a neighborhood. I had to make sure I was at the right place, but GPS said that this was the right place.

I pulled up to a house and looked at it then looked down at my phone. There was no way this was the place. It was a regular house, not a therapist office.

I think Emma gave me the wrong address.

I got out to walk to the front door and ask whoever to see if I was at the right place. Maybe they know where I'm suppose to be going.

I knocked on the door and waited. I looked around at the houses that were next door until I heard footsteps then someone opened the door.

A woman, who looked to be in her fifties, with redish-grey hair was standing there staring at me.

"Can I help you?"

I looked down at the paper then looked back at her. "Yes, is a Tonia Jones here? I have an appointment."

She smiled. "Yes, come in."

I walked in and watched as she shut the door. "I'm her wife, Crystal. You may have a seat in the living room." I followed her to the living room. "Tonia will be in here soon. Can I get you anything?"

I shook my head then watched as she left the room. I looked around, but nothing in this house screamed therapist.

It was an ordinary house.

I saw a woman walk in the living room. She smiled when she saw me. "Dakota?" I nodded as I stood up. "I'm Tonia." We shook hands. "Follow me."

I followed her down the hall and into a room. It definitely looked like a therapist office. It even had a chair where you can lay down and everything.

She told me that I could have a seat on the chair. When I sat down, I watched as she pulled a chair close and had a notebook in her hands.

I leaned back and watched her as she looked at me. "So, I got a call from Emma saying you needed to speak with me about some issues that you were going through." I nodded as I watched her. "Who is Emma to you?"

"She's my girlfriend."

She nodded then wrote something in the notebook. "So, Dakota. Why are you here? What reasons would Emma have to call me?"

"I have these nightmares and was wondering if you could help me figure them out or possibly stop them."

She nodded as she stared at me. "Well, Dakota. Before we get into anything, I must say that I'm only a therapist. I can try to help, and I can talk to you as much as I can, but I cannot solve any issues you are facing. You have to do that yourself. But nonetheless, I will help." I nodded as I understood, but what was the point if she couldn't solve my problem?