Chapter eleven: Promises

I skipped classes yesterday. I called in sick and was laying in bed all day. I didn't want to move and I didn't feel like doing anything as I just laid there feeling uneasy.

What I did yesterday was stupid. I shouldn't have let my mind take over in the first place. I shouldn't have kissed her.

I made a stupid mistake.

Now, I can't even face her anymore. What I did was uncalled for, and she probably hates me for it or is mad as hell.

I left in a rush, but all I saw was the complete shock on her face and the mistake I made.

I will never forget that shit.

She probably won't either.

I messed up big time.

As I was laying there, I noticed that classes were already over on campus. I stared at the clock for a moment until I decided to get up and get something to drink.

Even though I called in sick, I really wasn't feeling all that well. My stomach was in knots and I felt uneasy. So, it wasn't as if I lied to anyone because I really didn't feel good.

I had texted Kaylee because I knew she would want to know what was going on. She sounded concerned and told me to stay in bed and said that she would come over after classes.

I don't think there's anyone out there that is better than her as a best friend.

As I was getting some water from the fridge, I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to it and opened it to see Kaylee standing there. I smiled as I opened the door a little more to let her inside.

"Hey." I said once I shut the door.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she turned around to look at me.

I shrug. "A little better."

"What's wrong? You never told me why you were sick."

We walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch. "I just didn't feel good." I took a sip from my water.

She moved closer to me and pressed her hand on my forehead. "You are a little warm."

"I've been in bed all day." I shrug at that's probably the reason why my body is warm.

"Have you been drinking water?" She asked.

I smiled at her. "Why are you asking all these questions?"

"I'm just making sure you're doing what you're suppose to be doing." She said.

I gave her a confused look. "And what is it that I am suppose to be doing?" I asked.

"Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated. Don't get up too often unless you have to." She went on and on. I smiled over at her as she rolled her eyes. "Shut up." She pushed me.

I held my hand over my heart. "You do care."

"Of course I do." She said. "So, is there any reason why you would be sick? Or don't feel good?"

I sat there as I thought about yesterday and I wanted to crawl back into bed. I sighed then shrugged. "I don't know. I woke up not feeling great." I leaned back into the couch.

"What did you do yesterday after classes?"

I sat there until I looked over at her and she stared at me then rose her eyebrow. "I just went over to that little coffee shop in town."