Chapter Twenty One: Make Things Right

Emma and I didn't talk for the rest of the week. It hurt. I tried texting her but she never texted back. I kind of knew she wouldn't, although I hope she would.

I knew I would screw it up somehow since I always mess everything good up in my life anyways.

She didn't talk to me in class. She didn't even call on me to answer any questions. I did make up the quiz that I missed, but there was another instructor in there with me as I was taking it.

I know what I did was wrong, but she's taking it a little too hard. I should of never said that, it was just a mistake. I was caught up in the heat of the moment and it slipped from my mouth.

I hated myself for it.

But there wasn't anything I could do. It's over with now. Emma and I might be as well.

I told Kaylee what had happened and she just hugged me and told me that everything will be ok.

I sure hope so.

Just thinking about losing her over something stupid makes my heart hurt. I could feel tears in my eyes as I wiped them away quickly.

It was the weekend, and there wasn't anything to do. Scarlett and Kyle was suppose to be here in a few minutes. They had texted me a few hours ago and told me that they were already on the way.

I laid there on the couch as I was staring at the ceiling, feeling all my emotions start rising up. I heard the front door open, along with Scarlett's voice. "Dakota!" I sat up to see her standing in the hall, smiling. "I have a surprise for you."

I got up and walked over to her. She smiled at me then moved over to where I could see someone behind her. It took me a moment until I realized that it was my mom.

"Mom!" I ran to her and hugged her.

She wrapped her arms around me. "Hi, baby."

I pulled back and wiped my eyes as she was smiling at me. "I missed you." I pulled her into a hug once more and felt her rub my back.

"I missed you too." She tightened her hold on me as we stayed in that position for a moment.

We pulled back and I looked over at Scarlett before pulling her into a hug. "Thanks, Scar."

She patted my back. "No problem." She smiled at me as we pulled back.

I watched as Kyle brought in some bags and I helped him place them in the living room. I watched as my mom was looking around and I smiled at her. "Do you like it?"

"Yes." She smiled. "It looks a lot better last time I was here."

I chuckled as I agreed. This place wasn't much the last few months. I gave up on making it home for a while because of reasons, but I finally got out of that slump and decided to decorate it a little more.

"So, I was thinking that we could just chill here and watch movies." Scarlett suggested.

My mom looked over at her. "I would like to go out and look around."

Scarlett stared at her. "What is it with older people wanting to go sight seeing?"

"Watch it, Scarlett." My mom warned.

Kyle laughed and I saw Scarlett glare at him. He got off the couch and walked over to my mom and wrapped his arm around her. "Whatever you want to do, Colette. I'm driving."

My mom removed his hand from her shoulder and looked at him. "I saw your driving, so that's a no."

I chuckled as I watched them for a moment and I couldn't help but smile. Scarlett looked over at me. "Do you want to drive or me?"