Chapter Thirty Eight: Here We Go Again

I stood behind the counter at the music store with a smile on my face. It felt good to be back here even though it felt like years instead of just a month.

I looked around as a few people were in here browsing around. It was the type of store where we sold mp3 and ipods, along with CD's and other related music items as in old records and tapes.

It's a pretty cool place. With all the modern music items to the old-fashion music.

I was looking at the counter when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Marci standing there smiling. "Well, isn't this a surprise."

"Marci!" I pulled her into a hug then pulled back. "Holy shit, I missed you."

She shrugged. "Understandable."

Marci is an employee here with me, and it's usually just us working together on some days. She's really cool, smart and funny. We started becoming friends not long since I started this job.

She's a really pretty girl, very attractive. She has wavy brown hair with blonde highlights, and her hair doesn't quite touch her shoulders. Blue eyes. She also has a sleeve tattoo which sets everything else off.

Like I said, she's very attractive.

We don't hang out though. Which there are reasons for that and it's understandable.

I haven't seen her since I took some time off from work.

"So, just a few weeks huh?" She chuckled.

I roll my eyes. "Maybe it was longer than I thought, but now that I have my school life in order, I'm ready to get back to work."

"Good because it wasn't the same without you." She smiled.

A customer came up and had a few items laid out on the table. I typed in each item then told him the total. After I bagged everything up, he walked out of the store and I turned back to Marci.

"So, how was it without me?" I asked.

She sighs as she leans on the counter. "It wasn't that bad, but the people I had to work with made me want to commit my first murder."

"That bad, huh?"

She shakes her head. "You have no idea. But hey, I got my best partner in crime back and ready to go."

I chuckled as I watched her then shook my head. "Yeah, I definitely missed you."

She smiles at me then her smile turns to something else as she tilts her head a little and looks at me weird. "No way." Her eyes widen as she looks at you then laughs. "Holy shit, Dakota!"

"What?"

She touches my neck as she looks at it. "You have a hickey! When? How? Who?"

"Can you shut up. You're making a scene." I look around at the few people who were in here and they glanced at us but looked back to what they were doing.

"Sorry but it shocked me. Last time we saw each other, you told me that you didn't want to get into a relationship. Wait, is that from a one night stand?" She asks.

I roll my eyes. "No. I'm in a relationship now. I know what I said before, but things change."

"Hell yeah they do. But damn, they did some work. Have you seen it?" She asks.

I shrug as I might have glanced at it in the mirror this morning when I was getting ready. It looked like a big purple spot on my neck, which anyone with a brain could figure it out.