Chapter Thirty Two: The Trouble With Her

Since I wasn't planning on introducing her mom in the story, there's not a specific character that  plays her. So ya'll can imagine her however you like.

I followed Emma through the kitchen and into the hall where a woman was standing in front of the door. I looked over at Emma as we came to a stop and I saw nothing but complete confusion and terror on her face.

The woman looked over at me and I watched as her eyes looked me up and down. When they met mine, I stared at her with just as much confidence that she has.

"M-mom, what are you doing here?" Emma stuttered.

The woman slowly shook her head. "I got a call from Paul who happens to be in jail. He told me something that I couldn't believe. I thought he was joking and I wish he was." She looked over at me and shook her head as she looked me up and down again.

This woman was a little intimidating, and I can see why Emma has a fear towards her but I wasn't going to let her get under my skin.

She looked back at Emma. "How could you do this to me and your dad? I thought we raised you better than this. How could you, Emma? We gave you everything! We treated you good and always took care of you. This is what you do to us?"

I saw Emma look down. She didn't say anything and I knew she was still scared of disappointing her mom.

"Talk to me."

"She doesn't have to talk to you." She looked over at me. "You have no right to just come here and act like you still have control over her. You don't anymore. She's grown and she has every right to make her own decisions."

She stared at me. "I am her mother."

"It doesn't matter if you are. You should always treat her better than anyone else. You should be proud of her no matter what she does or chooses to do with her life. You can't make her own decisions." I stared back at her as I was waiting for her to say something else.

She shook her head and looked over at Emma. "Why would you fake your marriage? Why would you go through all of that? Don't you have any sense?" She looked over at me. "And for you, I don't know who you think you are, but she's my daughter. I have every right to make sure she does the right thing in life."

"The right thing? And what is that exactly? From treating her like she's unimportant and hurting her to not giving a shit, I don't think you know what the right thing is." I was the one to look her up and down this time.

Emma grabbed my arm. "Dakota, please."

"Yes, Dakota. You have no right to talk. You're the reason my daughter screwed up her life. She's not even gay and you came and messed with her head!"

I stared at her. "Me? I didn't do shit! I never screwed her life up. If anything, I made her life better. You and Paul were the ones who screwed everything up. I mean, what kind of mother wouldn't believe her own daughter about being raped? What kind of mother would forcefully make her daughter date a guy she didn't even like! What kind of mother would push her daughter to the point of breaking!"

I never wanted to get angry, but everything came out at once. I don't even know this woman, but she's the reason for messing up Emma's life.

"I don't know what she has told you but none of that is true! I was a great mother towards her! She was the one who messed her own life up plus you!" She stared at me with so much hatred.

I shook my head as I could feel my blood boiling. "She didn't do anything to mess her life up. Paul raped her and then her own mother didn't believe a thing she said. You were too caught up in blaming your daughter for every mistake which was your own, to see that she was hurting and in pain."