Chapter 16- HOME

Isaac's POV

"Hey are you okay-" I began to ask frantically but as I pushed the hair out of her face I saw a girl I thought I'd never see again. Her eyes were open and stared straight ahead, I struggled to tell if she was alive. I touched her neck it was freezing, but there was still a pulse.

"Lauren" I said.

But she never responded.

-------------------------------

I carried Lauren's soaking wet body over to my car all the while trying to get her to talk or move. I placed her in the passenger seat. I started the car and began to drive off. I glanced over at Lauren a few times. Her right cheek displayed a bright purple and blue bruise, which seemed to be worsening. Her hair was a mess, falling carelessly over her shoulders. Mud coated her arms and legs and dirt from the ground was on her face. Blood trickled down her bare knees probably from where she fell and there was also a graze and a little blood trickling down her forehead on the left. Her clothes were soaked in rain and she was visibly shaking.  I had the heating on in the car but it was far from enough to keep her warm and I didn't have a jacket or blanket in the car to put over her, so she was freezing. She needed a hospital.

"Lauren you NEED to go to a hospital" I said, trying to keep eyes on the road.

She didn't say anything, just stared out the window. I don't think she even heard me.

"Lauren" I said, putting my hand out towards her but she immediately flinched. All at once it was like realisation had struck. Fear grew in her eyes and she started to breathe heavily.

"Please... don't" she whimpered. I instantly pulled over, she tried to open the passenger door as though trying to escape but I quickly locked them. She put her hands over her face as if she were shielding herself from me. Well, at least she was responding now.

"Hey Laur" I said softly "Hey look at me". She slowly lifted her head. "Look, it's me, Isaac...remember?"

"I-Isaac" she said her voice, raspy. I was surprised she didn't recognise me but then again I've changed a lot in the last year or so, and she was confused and looked traumatised. God knows what happened to her. She seemed to relax a bit.

"I'm gonna take you to the hospital okay." I said softly. She immediately got worked up again.

"No...no" she said shaking her head.

"Okay, calm down" I said quickly "I'll take you home then." She discretely nodded and continued staring out the window. I started the car again and took a U-turn in the direction of her house.

Lauren's POV

My body was numb. Not just because of the cold but because I just felt... worthless. I didn't even remember Isaac putting me into his car. It was like I blanked out and then just woke up by him reaching over to touch me. I didn't want anyone to touch me. That's why I didn't want to go to the hospital. What are the odds of my ex-boyfriend who also happened to be Becca's brother find me in the woods? I knew I could trust him but that was almost a year ago. I just hoped he'd get me home safe...Home.  Great, I'm gonna have to deal with 5 worried sisters when I get home. So many thoughts and questions swirled my head which made it throb, my body hurt like hell and I just wanted to sleep. So I did, just as we neared my house.

Isaac's POV

I pulled over and realised she was asleep. I smiled noticing how light snores escaped her mouth while she slept just like she used to do when we were dating. I got out the car, picked up Lauren and carried her broken, cold and wet body towards her house. My black tank top was also wet, probably only making Lauren colder. It seemed like someone was watching from the window. And it look like something clicked in the girl's eyes as I neared her house. She flew up and swung open the front door.