Chapter 35- Getting Help

Dani's POV

I decided to get some air whilst my sisters waited outside Lisa's room until her and Isaac's 'moment'  was over. As I stepped outside the hospital I was instantly met with cold air but I liked it. My phone started buzzing so I answered it and found it to be Lexie.

"Hey babe," she said softly.

"Hi," I said as I blushed brightly. 

"Is everything okay then, why'd you have to run off to the hospital?" she asked.

"Yeah, uh Lisa wasn't doing too good but she's gonna get better now because we're all be there for her." I said, not wanting to go into much detail right now. She hummed in response. 

"Lexie, guess what?" I said to her, smiling like an idiot.

"oooh tell me, what is it?" she said excitedly.

"I told my sisters about us," I said. It was silent for a moment.

"W-what did they say?" she asked nervously.

"You don't need to be nervous Lex, they were really happy and wanna meet you soon." I said.

"Well that's a relief!" she sighs, then she screams in joy, "Dani I'm so so happy! I can't believe they're alright with it! I love you." Time stands still for a moment as I hear her say those words. She realises what she's just said and begins rambling.

"I-I'm sorry, it slipped out, I-it's okay if you don't um feel the s-same-" I cut her off.

"Lexie Marie Benson, did you just tell me you love me?" I played along.

"Uh yeah?" she said almost scared.

"Lexie?" I said and she hums in response, "I love you too." She sounds extremely relieved when she hears this and then we talk for a while longer before we say our goodbyes and hang up. I chuckle lightly but then a voice pipes up making me whip my head around.

"Was that Lexie?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask, confused.

"You were grinning like stupid, you're blushing real bad and-" she paused for a moment as if realising something, "Oh my Gosh! Did you just tell her you love her?" I laughed again and then nodded my head.

"Yeah she said it first and then I told her I love her back because, well, she makes me really happy." I said playing with my fingers, as Lauren sat on the bench near us.

"Well I think she's good for you and I'm happy that you're happy." she said genuinely with a hint of sadness. I joined her on the bench and looked up at the grey winter sky.

"Yeah, but your not." I said matter of factly. She just looked at me and gave me a half smile. I decided now was a good time to apologise to her, realising the air still hadn't been completely cleared between us.

"Laur, I'm really sorry for what happened to you, I know it was all my fault and I'm sorry for assuming it was Kyle, I know he's a good guy and I shouldn't have acted that way but I was just so...angry." I said quickly but meaning every word.

"It's okay," she whispers, she looks into my eyes, "And it is not your fault Dani, I shouldn't have followed you there, I should've given you space." I nod my head a little, now came the hard part. She needed to tell someone.

"Laur..." I started, "You need to tell someone. You're falling apart and Jason needs to be behind bars." She winced when she heard his name and she looked down again. 

"I know," she whispered, she paused before saying, "Dani, I'm scared." My heart broke at the tone of her voice, I pulled my 19 year old sister into a hug. She was hesitant at first but soon her arms wrapped around me too.