Ch 3: Jimin

"So...did Taehyung ask you for help?" Jisoo asked as we made our way down the parking lot to my car.

I let out a sigh as I fumbled with my car keys. "Yeah but I didn't really give him a straight answer. I just told him that if he wanted to change then he better start changing." I said as I played around with the key chain.

"Well I agreed to help him. After all he is my bitch for the rest of the year and he's cute to look at." Jisoo said with a wink. "Plus he really seemed sincere about it. He almost failed last year and I could tell this year he wants to pass." She added.

Taehyung did seem sincere about wanting to pass and I remembered last year he did nothing but text underneath the table and copied everything off of Jungkook. In class  today, he actually copied down all the notes and not once did he reach for his cell phone.

"So Jimin are you going to help him?" Jisoo asked as she stood in front of the passenger side of the door.

"I don't know yet. I still need to think about it." I replied as I opened the door and got inside. I didn't hate Taehyung but I didn't know if I could trust him.

I was afraid if I trusted him I'll end up liking him.

If I ended up liking him, I knew I'll end up falling in love.

I didn't want to be hurt again.

----

"Alright Jimin I'll see you tomorrow" Jisoo said as she kissed me on the cheek and hopped out of the car.

"See you then Jisoo." I replied as I drove off and headed deeper downtown.

It was still early before Namjoon and Jin would return home so I figured I'd give someone a surprise visit.

Busan Rehabilitation Center is like a sanctuary for drug addicts and prostitutes. Never in a million years have I ever thought it would be the one place I'd visit regularly. 

"Jimin, I see you came to visit again. Just wait by that table, she should be out soon." The receptionist informed. 

"Thanks" I said as I made my way over to a dirty metal table and pulled out the chair. No sooner than five minutes did she came out from the large double doors.

And by she I meant my mother.

"Jimin? Oh my god!" she said as she ran up to me and hugged me. "I missed you so much." She said smiling. "Wow! You got so tall and...you look so different." she added as she ran her hand through my hair. 

My mother once was a very beautiful woman but when she met my father, her life turned upside down. She began to drink and use drugs and eventually sold herself for money. She was really fucked up and with everything that was happening to her, she took her bitterness out on me. She became a monster and it wasn't until my father died that she decided to change.

My mother looked healthier and her skin held a soft glow to it. She no longer had yellow teeth and her voice didn't sound raspy anymore. She was doing well, only because she was in rehab.

"I missed you too mom." I said as I pulled out the chair for her.

We both sat down and just talked. It felt so normal to have my mom back in my life.

"So how are you feeling sweetheart?" my mother asked as she placed her small hand upon mine. "Is everything okay in school?"

"Yeah, everything is just fine." I said with a sigh. "It's just...I dunno."

"You miss Jungkook. I can tell and I know It might be hard but don't worry sweetie, I know you'll find someone good for you." she assured.

I exhaled a long breath and nodded. I had to face the fact that Jungkook was gone and I had moved on. I will always love Jungkook but I'm not sure if I'll find anyone else who can love me like he used to. "Mom...do you miss dad?" I asked. I sure as hell didn't miss him. 

He's done too much to me.

My mother cringed in her seat and looked away. "No...I don't." she said quietly.

I slightly nodded, understanding from her point of view. My father had put us through so much. When he died of that drug overdose I felt like the weight of the world was lifted. "So...how are you feeling mom?" I asked.

"Oh I'm dong alright. The food here isn't five stars but has long as I get food and a nice bedroom so I guess everything is alright." She said as she played with her thumbs.

"I'm glad you're doing alright." I said as I got up. "I need to go. I got tons of homework." I said as I held my arms out for a hug.

My mother got up as well and embraced me with a tight hug. "You changed" She remarked.

"I know." I said with a chuckle. "I'll see you again Mom." I kissed her on the cheek and left.

It was good to know my mother was doing fine.

But when she had told me that I changed, that's where I had to frown. My mother doesn't know that not everything about me has changed.

If only she could see my little fucking imperfections...

----

When I got home, I noticed Namjoon and Jin hadn't arrived yet. That meant I had the house to myself for a few more hours. 

As I ran up to my room, I was comforted by the smell of the ocean as I threw my back pack on the bed and took out my homework. My biology book was the first thing that popped out.

 I immediately thought about Taehyung.

He asked me if I could tutor him for that class.

 I couldn't trust if he was serious or not but at that point I've already made a decision.