Ch 32: Taehyung

It felt like an eternity before I finally reached her house. It was pretty nice with white siding and a lovely white picket fence. Her car was parked out front and in the garbage bins were baby items and boxes. 

I parked my car just out front and walked across the emerald green grass which were perfectly cut on a diagonal formation. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous or scared. This was the moment of truth for me.

This was moment to find out if I'm a father.

I rung the bell twice and waited two minuets before I heard someone come down the stairs and unlock the door. As soon as it opened I smiled to see Soomin standing at the door. She didn't look too excited to see me but on the phone she sounded quite urgent. 

"Come inside." She said as she turned around and left the door open for me.

I stepped inside her large house and saw baby toys everywhere. There were balloons and get well cards, all from family members. "You had the baby?" I asked stupidly.

Soomin turned around and glared at me. Her eyes gave off a tired looking teenager. "Yeah dumb-ass I did" she spat as she sat down on the couch.

I sat down across from her and looked all around. I didn't know she had the baby and I kind of wondered if it was there. "So...how are you and the baby?" I asked. I already felt like I was the father asking about my own child. 

"I'm fine and the baby is fine as well. He's at my grandmother's house." She said.

So it's a boy

"So...what's his name?" I asked.

"Jinyoung" She said.

"Jinyoung is a nice name."

"Indeed." She said blandly.

"So..do you know...who's the father?" I asked. That was the whole reason why I drove there.

Soomin let out a deep sigh and nodded. "Yeah" she said as she began to bite her bottom lip.

"Who is it?" I asked, urging her to continue.

"Congratulations Taehyung, you are NOT the father." She muttered.

It took me a moment to process what she had said. "I'm...not?" I questioned.

"Yeah, don't be too disappointed." She spat sarcastically.

I wasn't upset, in fact I wanted to jump up and down with happiness but I had to hold that in until later. "So...who's the father then?" I asked. "Is it Minho?" She shook her head. "Umm...Shiro?" she shook her head harder. "Then who?" I asked.

Soomin rolled her eyes got up to her feet. I stood up as well and followed her to the front door. "Don't worry Taehyung" she opened the front door and watched as I walked out. I stood on the front steps and turned to her. "That's the principle's problem to deal with." She mumbled.

Oh...my...god..

I felt like I had been mind fucked.

I wasn't sure what to say as I just stood quite and let my face do all the talking. Soomin rolled her eyes again and sighed. 

" Stop staring at me and say something."

Nothing.

I was still speechless.

"Taehyung fucking say something!" her voice got louder.

I didn't really know what to say so I just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Have a nice life."

Soomin scoffed and slammed the door on my face.

That was the last time I'll ever see her again.