20 • Fed Up With It All

•••••

•••••

She thought after today's stressful events, her voices would cease to exist. Maybe her mind would go someplace else, focus more on training rather than morphing at her thoughts. Oh, how she was wrong.

They were louder, stronger, than ever.

OpNIℲ˥˥IM⅄ƎH
O⅄ƎS
O⅄˥˥Iʞ

The girl tossed and turned in her sleep, bearing these hurting voices in a nightmare. Sweat dropped down her forehead and on her pillow as her breathing was staggered and uneven. Her hands began to burn hot red like glowing iron. The only thing protecting her bed from igniting was Tony's black fire-proof gloves.

Peter wasn't here to comfort her like he always did when she had nightmares. He was in his own dorm room probably sleeping away while the girl was fighting the demons in her head.

It was like her soul transported to another world—a darker, more ruthless one. Everything felt so real as if she was actually trapped in a cage with a lion.

Normally, it was always the same dream. She'd wake to the room of blue fire and try to touch it, only for it to disappear and her body being engulfed in a circle of red flames. Peter's dead body would be mangled and ripped to shreds and she'd cry out for him every time to wake up.

Not this time.

She woke to a different place laying on her back. A black ceiling would be all she sees and her hair was sprawled on the floor.

The girl felt a cold wrapped around her wrists and ankles and she looked down at her hands to see metal restraints locking her down to the floor.

Her mind panicked when she realized she was in a new place

Her mind panicked when she realized she was in a new place. Nor the blue or red fire had come to sight, instead, she felt a cold liquid come through the floor and touch her hand.

She jerked back from a valve that's pouring a gooey, black substance that immediately stuck to her skin. It burned just like flames would and she let out a scream when more came flooding the room.