Chapter 6: Marriage arrangement

(Normal pov)

As the week progressed, Hiccup had managed to go to everyone in the Archipelago who despised Berk: the Murderous tribe, the Hysterics, Lava Louts and the Outcasts, they all hated Berk with a burning passion, so when Hiccup offered them an invitation to see Berk in ruin? It only took them three seconds to agree and submit under Hiccup's command.

Hiccup brought these vibes together in just two days, many more tribes who weren't warriors pledged allegiance to Hiccup, though the boy thought it would be pointless letting them into his empire, he decided he'd make those he deemed worthy to become dragon riders, so Hiccup let these unknown tribes enter his fast growing empire. Hiccup managed to score several other Viking tribes that were thought to have died out- the Icelander tribe whose chieftess was Gunhild, the White Wolf, she was an excellent warrior and even better hunter, her tribe consisted mostly of women, but they were all as ferocious as their cheiftess.

Next, was a tribe called the Vandals, they've remained hidden for many years, but they're excellent scouts, scavengers and warriors in general. But witnessing the might gathering to Hiccup's cause, they offered their allegiance to Hiccup, the boy welcomed them with open arms.

Finally, Hiccup and his most trusted group sailed to the Berserker tribe, though Hiccup was having doubts that Oswald the Agreeable would join him, regardless, the Berserkers had one of the largest armadas and army in the Archipelago, his forces were already in the tens of thousands, so why not add to that number?

Upon dropping anchor at the Berserker tribe, Hiccup and those he trusted the most exited their ship and saw a handful of Berserker warriors standing to greet them, Hiccup nodded at them and spoke. "We're here to speak to Oswald, is he here?" The Berserkers looked at each other than at Hiccup. "Oswald is dead, his son has been chief for three years." They announced, Hiccup was surprised, but at the same time, grateful.

"Could it be? Hiccup Haddock III?"

Hiccup saw the Berserkers clear the way to see none other than-

"Dagur. Long time no see." Hiccup said in a cold sarcastic tone, Dagur cackled but stopped when he looked into Hiccup's eyes. In the past, Hiccup's eyes used to be full of fear, naiveness and low confidence. Now? His eyes were blazing with hate, anger, and an endless void that thirsted for vengeance.

"Wow, uh... well, why are you here Hiccup?" Dagur asked, with a serious yet nervous tone, Hiccup stepped forward and gave a smirk that actually sent a chill down Dagur's spine. "I'm here to offer you and the Berserkers an opportunity to join me and my allies to raid, spill blood, explore the unknown and help me exact vengeance on the Hairy Hooligans." Hiccup said coldly, Dagur looked into Hiccup's eyes one last time, to see if he was lying, than again, Hiccup was a terrible liar.

Stoick's former son was being serious.

"We should discuss this in our Hall. Come." Dagur said, Hiccup grunted and the young man ordered his men to guard the ship as he followed Dagur to their Hall. Upon entering, the two young chieftains sat down and Dagur snorted. "Well Hiccup, we Berserkers are all in for rain, blood and mayhem, but our alliance begins with an arrangement." Hiccup folded his fingers together and raised an eyebrow. "What kind of arrangement?" Dagur nodded at a servant who gave him a mug of freshly brewed ale, Dagur took a large swig and answered Hiccup's question.

"A marriage arrangent. Between you and my sister."

Hiccup's eyes widened in shock. "Sister?! Since when do you have a sister?" He asked in a disbelieving tone, Dagur took another swig of ale and licked the honeyed liquid off his bottom lip and answered. "I've always had a sister, the reason you've never seen her when we were younger is because my father was actually grooming her to be chieftess over the Berserkers." Dagur snickered and shrugged. "That is until the old man disappeared and naturally, I became chief over my people." Hiccup merely rolled his eyes and leaned forward slightly.

"And where is this... sister of yours?" He asked, Dagur leaned back in his chair and called out a name. "HEATHER!!! Come over here!!" He barked, within minutes, Hiccup laid eyes on a girl his age, she had jet black hair, and emerald green eyes, she wore a purple dress and laid eyes on Hiccup.

"Brother, who's our guest?" She asked, Dagur smirked and answered his sister. "This is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, does that name ring a bell?" Heather looked over Hiccup, the auburn haired teen wore black leather armor, with blood red paint across his torso like dragon slash marks, and on his left shoulder pad was a maw of dragon while wearing a heavy black bear fur cape, his forest green eyes pierced into Heather's and she smiled lightly at him. "He's cute." She said casually, Dagur giggled and then urged Heather closer, he then whispered into her ear that she was to marry him, he required their warriors and armada, and to seal the deal, their marriage would ensure a fruitful alliance.

Heather backed away from Dagur and looked at Hiccup again, the boy crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow at Heather, to be honest, Hiccup wasn't very fond of the idea of marrying this girl, but he needed the Berserkers, so this had to be done. And to be honest, he only saw him with one girl. Astrid.

But the night he was sexually abused, Astrid called him useless. She revealed her true colors that night to him. She didn't like him, let alone love him.

So why should he?

The memory of his old crush made Hiccup's blood boil, because Astrid was a pathetic excuse of a warrior. A warrior protectors his or her people from harm, and Astrid threw him to the wolves and abandoned him that night.

Hiccup pulled a knife out and stabbed the table while breathing heavily, he looked at the Berserker siblings and snarled out. "My patience is reaching its end Dagur. Will your sister accept this... marriage arrangement or not?" Dagur looked at Heather and nodded, she turned to Hiccup and nodded. "I agree to the marriage arrangement Hiccup Haddock." She once again nodded, telling Hiccup she had the stomach to do this.

Hiccup turned to Dagur. "When does the marriage begin?" He asked, Dagur clicked his tongue and answered. "One week. We need to prepare our village for a marriage celebration and once the two of you have been married, then you will have an alliance with the Berserker tribe." Dagur said, he then lifted his mug and nodded at Hiccup. "Skoal." He said before finishing his ale.

Heather and Hiccup locked eyes and she smiled at him, Hiccup had to admit, she was beautiful, since there was no other way than to persuade the Berserkers into going his cause, other than marrying Heather, Hiccup decided he might as well get to know her before they actually got married.

"Odin help me." Hiccup muttered to himself.