Chapter 19: Family reunited

(Normal pov)

Hiccup had managed to put his children to sleep, they were deprived from Heathers tit milk, so they were starving. The young father sighed in exhaustion as he headed up to the deck of his dreadnaught, the Vikings on deck were at work, the slaves below deck were rowing the ship. 

The Vikings all turned their eyes on Hiccup and bowed down to him, the young leader gestured for them to rise and continue working, while the young man himself looked out toward the seas. It was a clear day, with light snow fall, and judging by the cold? They were back in the Barbaric Archipelago. Hiccup's appearance had changed over the months, his hair had gotten longer, so he had the sides of his hair braided and he tied his hair back into a man bun with a long strand sticking out over his face. He had grown light stubble on his cheeks and razor sharp jawlines, and his physic was clean lean muscle, no trace on fat on his body. 

Despite these changes though, Hiccup was angry, saddened, and afraid. He was angry that his disobedient dragon rider brought the contaminated treasure on his ship and as a result, the plague killed Heather and his third unborn child. He was sad because he lost someone who treated him with love, kindness, respect and equality, no one on Berk, besides Gobber and Gothi treated him that way. And he was afraid for his children, without the proper nutrients, they'd die, he would never forgive himself if he let his children die. 

"LORD HADDOCK!!"

Hiccup turned to suddenly see three dragons in the air. But these dragons were unlike anything he's seen before, they were massive in size and had four wings. The three dragons landed on deck and roared out, causing Hiccup's men and armored dragons get in battle positions, Hiccup however told them all to stand down as he slowly approached the three dragons. 

To Hiccup's surprise, these dragons had riders. They all wore leather armor and their colors represented their dragons colors as well, the middle dragon rose higher, and its rider wore a strange looking helmet with long skinny horns in all directions and had two short tusks in the front of mask, the figure had a large fur hoodie strapped around their shoulders, they had a shield in hand and had a strange looking staff as well. 

The other two riders wore similar armor and were just staring at us all, my warriors all looked at me; waiting to give out orders, so instead I raised a eyebrow at these three people and spoke out in a firm tone. "Who are you?" The three did not answer, the middle dragon then lowered its head, and its rider stepped off their dragon and approached me slowly, my men had weapons at the ready and my dragons were ready to obliterate this person if they showed any aggression. 

This person looked at me from head to toe and finally spoke out. "You have entered the territory of the Ryttere! You are approaching toward our nest with war ships. Have you come to attack us?" The person asked, the voice was muffled slightly from the mask but this person was defiantly female. I then shook my head and answered. "We did not know there were other dragon riders, or that anyone lived around here. We are just passing by to go home." Hiccup said, one of the Vikings then snarled out.

 "Just give us the order Lord Haddock, and we'll show 'em not to mess with the Red Maw!!" 

The rest of my crew and warriors grunted in agreement while still reading for any signs of aggression from this woman and her companions. She gasped at the mentioning of my name, she tilted her head and asked. "Lord Haddock? Y-you are son of Stoick the Vast?" I scoffed at the mentioning of my pathetic excuse of a father and answered. "No longer. I lead these people. Every ship you see, every warrior here, and every dragon among are mine. I'm Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III! Chieftain of the Red Maw!" He said in firm tone, the woman before Hiccup dropped her shield and staff, she then removed her helmet to reveal the woman's face.