Chapter 27: We meet again

(Hiccup's pov)

I glared daggers at the former members of the... place that hurt him, he saw Astrid, the former girl of his dreams, the last five years had been good to her; her baby fat had melted off her face and was replaced with sharp jawline, her hair was longer and was down in its traditional braid, except it was over her shoulder, she wore brown leather armor with a red tunic under it, she wore her traditional spiked skirt, her knee pads had the Hooligan emblem on them, she had a wolf fur cloak clipped to her shoulders, she wore leather arm braces with wold fur sticking out of them and her battle axe was strapped behind her back. 

Fishlegs was still the chubby kid I remembered him as, though he was broader in shoulders, and bulkier in muscle, he was still the coward that abandoned me that night. He had a massive belt around his torso and had several pockets, I could see a large book tucked in the pocket, as well as several other pockets that must hold books and pencils. 

Gobber still looked... well, like Gobber, he wore a dark bear fur cloak around his shoulders and he had a wooden hand equipped on his switchable prosthetic arm. And Gothi was gazing at me, she did not seem afraid of me, nor did Gobber, but Fishlegs and Astrid? I could smell their fear, they reeked of it. 

"What do you want?" I asked coldly at them, Toothless wrapped his tail around my legs and bared his teeth at the Hooligans, Gobber decided to speak up since the rest of them were speechless. "Lord Haddock." He said as he bowed down, I smiled at this, I then looked the other three and raised an eyebrow. "You would be wise to follow his lead." I said, the other Hooligans quickly muttered apologies and bowed down, then Gobber spoke after ten seconds of silence. 

"Lord Haddock, we've come by orders of Stoick, he wants to discuss peace talks with you." Gobber said, I barked out an unamused laugh, I snapped my fingers and a slave came with a vile of wine and a cup, the slave poured the wine in the cup and offered it to me, I took and shooed the slave away, I then turned back to the Hooligans. "So... Stoick sends those who I relied on in the past, those I actually gave a damn about on that island, and those who might actually have a chance to have peace talks with the son of a bitch who was my former father?" I asked, Gobber nodded at my words, I drank my wine and licked my lips at the sweet flavor of the exotic liquid, I then gave a smile at Gobber. 

"No." 

Gobber however rose and tried persuading me. "Lad-" I threw my cup on the ground and it shattered to pieces; the wine splashing the ground, Toothless, Dagur and my guards readied for my command, I pointed a finger in Gobber's face. "I have NO interest in peace with Stoick and his tribe of animals. Peace is... such a dirty word." I then leaned forward slightly and added. "The only reason Stoick sent you here is because... you and your allies see all the might gathering against you. My empire is the start of a new world order! One where man and dragons will have an eternal peace. I've sacked and wiped out kingdoms and empires far more powerful than the ones here. But make no mistake... Berk will be destroyed, as well as anyone else who supports the Hairy Hooligans." 

Astrid looked up at me and spoke out. "Hiccup! Please, we're not just here to try and make peace with you, but... we're to apologize. I have come to apologize to you." She clarified, I raised an eyebrow at her, she licked her lips and looked me in the eyes. "I was wrong. I didn't mean to call you useless that night, I was a coward! I only cared about myself, and it was wrong! I was wrong for leaving you for so long." She said, I could see her eyes were becoming glassy; tears were threatening to spill, she then continued. "I want things to be as the way they were Hiccup! Between us! We were the best of friends and... I abandoned you when my uncle was killed by the Flighmare! I regret that choice everyday. And I've prayed to every god that this day would come, so I could look you in the eye and ask for your forgiveness." She said, her voice breaking slightly, she was being serious wasn't she? Astrid Hofferson admitting when she's wrong? Thats a first.