Chapter 4

"There we go." Meryl smiled as she buckled Brady and Mags into their bouncy seats she placed on the island in the kitchen; placing kisses all over their sweet faces. "If your Daddy asks, please make sure he knows that I placed your seats on the island BEFORE I placed you in them; and that I didn't lift you in them. Mommy might get into trouble because he still doesn't want me to lift much."

Don smirked as he walking behind and wrapped his arms around her, running his lips across her cheek and inhaling the scent that was only his wife. "There are certain things I like you to lift."

"Don...you're so bad." Meryl giggled as she turned around in his arms; and she knew just what he meant. "I know what you're talking about and it's not that heavy."

Don pulled her head against him. "What is that now?"

"It is so big and so heavy that I need to start lifting weights." Meryl said as the babies started laughing. "If they only knew what we were talking about."

Don went over and kissed on their babies making them giggle even more. "We will have many years of scarring them for life; no need to rush that."

"What are you doing, handsome?" Meryl smiled as she walked over to the refrigerator. "You done with your calls?" Don nodded his head as he went over and closed the refrigerator door. "What?"

Don knew what she was doing based on it being just after noon; and the fact that she had the babies in their seats on the counter. "All my calls are done. Bills are paid. House is clean. Laundry is done and put away. Which means we are going to get out of here. I want to take my wife and our beautiful babies out for lunch."

"Really?" Meryl's face lit up. "I was going to make us something here."

Don went over to her and grabbed her face in his hands. "We have spent so much of the past year in this apartment first for your safety and then the babies' and then mine. It's still hard for me to think about but I would like go out to grab a bite to eat with my wife and our babies.  I'll drive us."

"You are absolutely right and I am so damn proud of you." Meryl choked as she placed a tender kiss on his lips; she wanted the steps they took to be in his time. "But let's walk. We will bundle the babies up. It's been a long time since I've been able to walk around our beloved Tribecca neighborhood with you. As long as you are comfortable with it."

Don went over to the babies, cooing at and talking to them. "Looks like you are going out to lunch with Mommy and Daddy; but you always get the best lunch."

"Don." Meryl laughed as she leaned her head on his arm. "Come on Daddio, let's get them all strapped in and bundled up. Your wife is hungry."

***

"You doing okay, Don Man?" Meryl asked her husband as she rubbed his back with her hand. "I can always push them."

Don shook his head at his wife as he stopped momentarily to place a tender kiss on her lips. "I am great; it really is nice to be out walking."

"We both love the snow." Meryl smiled at him. "It is nice to be out walking. To be a normal married couple."

Don couldn't help but laugh at his wife. "When have we ever been a normal married couple? I mean you did give birth to our twins in your 60's."

"In my EARLY 60's." Meryl teased her husband but noticed his body went rigid and he immediately started pushing the stroller with one hand and pulled her close to his side, walking faster towards the restaurant. "Don?"

Don shook his head as he kept walking and kept her close to him as he continued to push the stroller. "Don't look up, Darl. Damn paparazzi. Just one, but I'm pretty sure she got a picture. I'll get you three to the restaurant as quickly as possible."