Chapter 30

Don woke up early the next morning and smiled that Meryl was still curled up to his side. He smiled as he kissed the top of her head thinking how cute she looked all curled up to his side. He was glad she was still sleeping; she needed it not only because of his mother, but also because of recovering from her concussion. He looked and saw the sunlight was streaming through the windows which to him meant it was time to get his wife and youngest children away from Indianapolis. It felt like it had been drama after another since they got to Indianapolis; and the only time drama didn't touch them was when they were alone in the hotel suite or out to dinner alone. He knew they couldn't live like that; but he could take his wife and his babies away from the constant denominator of all drama, Jane. Don placed a soft kiss on her lips as he got out of bed and smiled that she rolled on her side and cuddled up to his pillow, softly saying his name. "Go back to sleep, baby; the babies are fine. Just rest, love." Don whispered with a kiss to her forehead and smiled that she immediately went back to sleep. He then got busy with packing up the rest of their belongings, showering and getting ready and then finally when he had everything done he wanted to while his wife was sleeping he went over to their babies. "Okay my little accomplices, let's get you two ready so we can get this vacation started."

***

Meryl felt so incredibly tired. While her body was completely relaxed, which she knew was due to the bone melting orgasms her husband gave her the night before, her whole body felt tired. She knew she needed to wake up, she wanted to wake up; especially when she felt a very familiar pair of lips kissing all over her face, and her favorite fingers waking her body up with goosebumps. She knew exactly who was responsible for making her feel so alive and relaxed at the same time. "Don't stop...feels...good."

"It better." Don smirked as he straddled her and continued his soft kisses down her neck. "However, you need to wake up. If you don't wake up then I'll have to stop what I'm doing."

Meryl shook her head as she was enjoying what her husband was doing to her too much. "Too tired."

"If you wake up...." Don continued with his kisses, knowing exactly what she liked and where she liked it, despite what he had just said. "I'll reward you."

Meryl cracked one eye open and frowned when she saw her husband was dressed; and when she pulled his head down to hers so she could give him a proper good morning kiss she could tell he had already brushed his teeth and showered. "Why are you all dressed? Come back to bed."

"I promise we will have all that soon." Don said as he climbed off her and helped her sit up. "You need to wake up, Darl, so we can get this vacation started properly."

Meryl looked at the clock on the nightstand and saw how early it was; and so she closed her eyes as she leaned her head against her husband's arm. "Baby, it isn't even 8am yet. The babies are actually sleeping. What's the rush? Let's lay here."

"I know you're exhausted, baby; and I promise to let you get plenty of sleep." Don said kissing her head as he got up and helped her out of bed. "Ray has the plane ready. We're ready. Let's go."

Meryl looked around and saw he had everything packed up; she even strained to look in the bassinets and saw that he had even dressed the babies for the day. She knew he was eager to get their vacation started; and she knew she shouldn't complain. How many men were this excited about getting away with their wives after almost 40 years of marriage? She knew she wouldn't be able to count on one hand how many. She loved how excited he was; so she conceded as she placed a tender kiss on his lips, running her fingers through the curly gray hair she loved so much. "Okay, let me shower and get dressed."

"No need." Don said handing her the wool Ugg boots she loved; as well as one of his sweaters. "Throw these on and were ready to go!"

Meryl's eyes almost bugged out of their sockets. "You can't be serious! I am not going to fly to wherever the hell it is we are going in my pajamas; without having showered."