Chapter 33

Meryl woke up the next morning completely relaxed; as her husband was still holding her in his arms. She decided they both must have slept like logs as she didn't think they moved from the position they were in when they fell asleep the night before after their amazing night together. Meryl looked at the clock on the bedside table and she couldn't believe it was almost 8 o'clock, meaning the babies slept all the way through the night; and it was miraculous. As Meryl stretched and began to wake up even more she realized how relaxed she was and how much better she felt; and she knew the reason for that, the man who was asleep right beside her. Don. It amazed her all the time how she seemed to fall in love with him over and over everyday; she knew that was the secret to their long married bliss, and the fact that she knew he felt the same way about her. When she thought about how amazing he had been to her this last year with her pregnancy, recovery and subsequent health issues her heart swelled even more with love for him; and also the fact that he had planned this amazing romantic trip for them after the stress of Indianapolis. She also thought back to the way he pampered her the night before; and now it was his turn. With a kiss to his lips she quietly got out of bed; and then went over to their babies, glad they were still asleep. "Stay asleep, my loves; Mommy will be back and please don't wake up Daddy."

***

Don stirred awake when he smelled something delicious and reached out for his wife's pillow, cuddling up to it. "Mmmm....Meryl."

"Over here, baby." Meryl smiled as she walked in with a tray full of breakfast food. "Dreaming about me?"

Don smiled as he sat up in bed. "Always. What are you doing? You should be sleeping."

"Thanks to my amazing husband, and our miraculously still sleeping babies, I feel extremely well rested." Meryl said as she placed the breakfast tray on the bed in front of him and climbed in bed, giving him a good morning kiss when she did. "I wanted to treat my husband."

Don looked at the feast before them- coffee, juice, fruit, breakfast casserole and of course his favorite-toast. "This looks amazing; but you shouldn't have gone to all this..."

"For you?" Meryl flirted as she scooped some of the casserole on her fork and fed her husband. "Nothing is trouble. Besides, you have been taking such amazing care of me and the babies that I wanted; no, I needed, to do something for you."

Don cupped her face in his hands as he got a serious look on his face. "I never want you to think that you have to repay me for taking care of you and our children."

"It's not repaying you, you goof." Meryl winked at him as she pressed her lips to his; wanting to make sure he knew that she didn't think that. "It's one of the ways I show you how much I love you."

Don smiled as it was his turn to feed her. "I love the ways you show me that."

"Me too." Meryl beamed at him. "Our little miracles slept through the night. A sure sign that they are approaching 4 months."

Don knew that always made her sad with the other kids; even though they greatly missed their sleep during the infancy stage, it was also a sign the babies were getting older. "They will always be our babies; but it was nice of them to let Mom and Dad have some private time and get some sleep last night. Speaking of, how is my girl feeling?"

"Amazing, thanks to the 3 of you." Meryl smiled at him. "Really, Don Man."

Don looked at her eyes, and he could tell she wasn't near 100%, but she really did look like she was feeling better than the day before. "So, what would my girl like to do today?"

"Well, I was thinking we could have a lazy morning eating breakfast; and playing with the babies." Meryl said with a kiss to his lips. "Then I thought while the babes are having their morning nap we could take a nice bath together; I missed you in that huge bathtub last night."