Patience (Au!Eren Jaeger x Oc)

Patience is a virtue. That's what Eren has always heard. However today is one of those days where his patience is being tested. Luckily he doesn't have to do it alone, he has his girlfriend Erin along for the ride, literally.

Originally Eren had intended to take his lovely girlfriend on a date but when they got to his home to pick up his phone that he'd left Eren's parents had dropped a bomb on him in the form of two small children.

Apparently Eren's parents had agreed to babysit Levi and Ashe's niece and nephew for a day but they both got called into work at the last minute and couldn't take the two children with them. So now Eren was stuck with two children related to the scariest man alive. 

"Hey Rina put that down, it's not for eating- Jecht don't pull your sister's hair-hey I saw that!" Eren yells, glaring at the children from the rear-view mirror of his car.

Since getting the two little devils dumped on their date Erin suggested that they take the kids on a picnic at the large park in the center of town. As much as Eren wants to just drop the two kids on someone else he knows he can't and instead agreed. The only good thing about this whole debacle is that Erin is even more impressed with him. She loves children and it seemed that they liked her, just not him.

"I don't like you you're mean!" Jecht yells as he tugs his sister's red hair harder. 

Rina screams at the top of her lungs and glares at her brother before pinching him on his under arm, causing him to yelp in pain. Erin turns around, her beautiful brunette hair falling over her shoulders. She smiles at the two children, "Please don't hurt one another, that would make me cry and I don't want to cry."

"Okay." The two immediately straighten out and sit together in the seat like two perfect angels. 

Eren blinks in shock and shakes his head before focusing more on the road, how did she do that? Erin smiles and squeezes his knee, "Don't worry about it, I'll tell you my secret later."

"I'll hold you to that."

After a manageable twenty minute drive to the park Eren cuts the engine to the car and gets out. He goes over to his side passenger door and opens it up. Rina looks up at him with a stare that is so familiar that he feels a shiver go down his spine. This girl was definitely Levi's niece. He undoes her car seat and goes to pick her up to get her out of the car but she glares at him, making him stop.

"Uh... is there something wrong with me? Did I do something to you that I don't know about?"

She sniffs and turns away from him, "You're that stupid Jeeger boy. Uncle doesn't like you so Rina doesn't like you."

Eren's mouth drops open, she was so blunt! "Wh-what? How can you not like me without even knowing me?"

"Cause Uncle Levi doesn't like you."

"That's not a reason."

"Is too!"

He frowns, "Is not."

"Is too!" She shoots back, her cheeks puffed out in annoyance.

"Is not."

"Is too!"

"Is not." He can feel his eye twitching now.

"Is too!"

Eren feels like he wants to hit his head against a his car door, "Is too!" He returns.

Erin comes over with Jecht holding her hand. She sighs and gently pushes Eren out of the way. "Come on sweetie, don't you want to go ahead and come out of the car? Your brother is already out and you don't want him to win do you?"