 Don't Let Me Go  Pt14

 Don't Let Me Go 

Pt14

Hayden's p.o.v

I had hinted them for over a year now that there's no way I'm going to survive this cancer, so why keep me trapped?

After many heartfelt conversations with them, they still wouldn't budge. Even the doctor reassured them that if they released me from the hospital, and I went off all on my meds, I'd have a good 6 months till I passed away.

That's ALL I needed. I begged my parents so many times that I didn't care if I died, I just wanted to live and end my life happily, but they never listened.

I looked into their eyes which were now filled with tears.

"We can't lose you" my mom chocked out. "Can't you see you've already lost me? Please mom. Let me just live and love life. Obviously I'm not made to make it out till the end whether I'm stuck in this hospital or not! And no matter how many times I've cried myself to sleep asking God why? Why me? I finally realized that there is no answer. Life isn't fair and it sucks, but I'm locked up in this hell and it has changed me. Please let me live. Even if it's only for a few months, I know that way I can die in peace with myself. I will finally feel as if I didn't completely waste my life".

I felt tears streaming down my cheeks as my mom and dad looked at each other. "Please?" I muttered under my breath. When my dad finally spoke up, his voice was at a low whisper.

"We know Hay and we get it, but you didn't look at the second part of your present".

I looked at him confused as I reached for the box again. Under a bunch of tissue paper was a bag of clothes, the clothes I wore the first day I was brought into the hospital.

Attached to it was a note that said "Your going home Hayden".

I instantly felt my heart leap out of my chest as I began to cry more. This time the tears were filled wi joy. I was finally being sent free. And now for the six months I have to live, I promised myself I wouldn't waste one damn minute.

--

Comments or thoughts would be really appreciated :)