Chapter-3 Amen

Ayaan's POV

I woke up late again today morning and as usual missed my prayer. I don't know why but I am in a good mood today so I am least bothered about the lecture I am about to hear in the next half an hour or so. Sometimes I feel my parents wait for me at the breakfast table only for this. I go to the bathroom and finish my morning routine then take a bath and wrap my towel around my waist and come out. I am not actually sure what to wear today, as far as I remember today I will be mostly in the office as Abdul informed me that I have a few meetings with some new clients. Abdul will have the initial round with the others except one, he told me about one of his friend's friend. The girl wants a new boutique to be constructed at some plot. I don't usually entertain such clients but this one is for Abdul's sake, hmmm...I think I will just wear my blue jeans and white shirt along with my white snickers. I usually don't match things but I like it once in a while. I got ready and picked up my wallet, mobile and shades then went down. It was already 11 am and I had to be in office within the next one hour. As I reached down I noticed my parents engrossed in a serious conversation with Arhan. For a change Arhan was home today at this time, I guess his shift has changed back to night shift that's why he is at home in the morning. I wished everyone good morning and to my shock my parents did not start with their daily routine of lecturing me and comparing me with Arhan. I sat and filled my plate with the tasty breakfast my mum had cooked. It was parathas (a kind of Indian bread) and omelet; I picked up a cup and poured some tea for myself from the thermos. While having my breakfast I finally understood that the discussion was about Arhan's marriage, it seems they have a certain girl in their mind and are telling Arhan that his bio data with his recent picture has been sent to the girl's uncle. Now they are waiting for the girl's family to reply. I was about to finish my breakfast when my mother finally turned to me and spoke...

"Ayaan let me tell you that once Arhan's marriage is fixed I will start looking for a suitable proposal for you as well. If possible we will marry both of you around the same dates and have one combined Reception party."

I was just not expecting this from my mum, she still doesn't realize my love for Zuby and is totally ignorant to the fact that I am still looking for her. I just need to break it to her all over again that I will not marry any other girl...

"Mum I think we have this discussion in the past as well, and as far as I remember I made myself very clear that I will marry no other girl but my love. You please keep your worries till your elder son and do not bother me."

Just then dad yelled "Ayaan what is this way of talking to your mother? Why for once you can't listen to us and agree, we are not your enemies."

"I am out of here, all the best Arhan I hope you find a good girl for yourself. Bye everyone" saying this I just picked my car keys and walked out. I heard my mum say..."What will I do with this boy?"

I preferred ignoring her and just settled in the driving seat and drove off. The road is a little more packed than usual today; I just hope I will reach office on time. I actually don't like making anyone wait for me, because I don't like to wait either. I called up Abdul to check if his friend has arrived but to my relief he had not reached till now. While I was waiting at the red light I saw a really old lady holding some roses in her hands, she was trying to cross the road but was not able to do that. I tried to have a closer look and realized she was actually selling those roses and I think her walking stick fell on the road because of which she was not able to walk. Immediately I turned the hazard lights on in my car and got down to help the old woman. I am no good boy but I still can't see anyone helpless. Walking near her I asked her if she needed any help and she told me that her walking stick fell down, by now the signal had turned green and people were blowing their horns like crazy. I picked up her stick and helped her cross the road after the signal was back to red. On reaching the other side I asked how much she is selling the roses for and she told me 20 rupees for each rose, I grabbed all roses and gave her a 1000 rupee note. She stared at it for a couple of seconds then told me that she has no change. I assured her that she is selling the roses in a very cheap price and with the actual value these 10 roses will be for 1000 rupees. She looked in my eyes and smile then spoke "I might be very old my child but I am not a fool" I scratched the back of my neck and said....

"Please granny I insist" she took the money from my hand and placed her right hand on my head and blessed me, what she spoke made my day....

"My Lord to fulfill all your desires...stay happy my child"

I just said "Amen" and then walked back to my car with the red roses. My desire is just one, to find my Zuby and marry her and give her all the happiness of this world. I smiled thinking about the whole thing and resumed driving. I reached my office around 1 pm and saw a blue Honda City parked outside; I think they are here already. Well I hurried up and was about to enter my office when I got a call from Mr. Khan, I waved at Abdul from outside so that he can understand that I will take the call and join them. Mr. Khan called me to discuss about the work at his site, it didn't take me too long and I told him that I will visit the site in a day or two. After talking to Mr. Khan I remembered the roses in the car and so took them out and thought to give them to Abdul. I have seen him buy flowers for his girlfriend so I thought he can just give these flowers to her too. I wonder what's Zuby's favorite color, or her favorite flowers. I smiled and finally with the red roses in my hands I entered my office, I saw the back of a guy who was wearing a blue striped shirt and a girl with pink top and blue head scarf. I gestured Abdul to bring them to my room and walked in without greeting these new clients.

Zuby's POV

We reached the contractor's office around 12.50 pm and Sagar called up his friend Abdul who works here, Abdul asked him to come in and informed that his boss will be here soon. We got out of my car and I picked up the file of the plot papers and walked in with Sagar. We were welcomed by this Abdul guy, and the way he and Sagar spoke I could make out they knew each other pretty well. I wonder how does Sagar know Abdul, something I will ask him later. Abdul asked the office boy to get us water and then told us that his boss Mr. Ayaan called up some time back to check if we have arrived and told that he will be in office in a while. I had water and when I kept the glass back on the table I noticed Abdul showing a thumbs up to anyone outside, when I turned to see who it was all I saw was the back of a really tall guy in blue jeans and white shirt. He seemed to be a well-built guy, I turned around and looked at Abdul he understood and immediately told me that it's Mr. Ayaan and he will be in after he is done with a call. I just nodded my head. After around 5-7 minutes Abdul got up and asked us to come in another office. He walked us to Mr. Ayaan's office, as I entered I noticed he was keeping something at the back while Abdul spoke...

"Sir this is my friend Sagar and his friend Zuby"

He turned so quickly as if he heard something shocking, he looked at me straight in my eyes and I didn't feel very comfortable, well actually I didn't even feel uncomfortable but there was something in the way he looked straight into my eyes that I couldn't understand. I tried to give a brief smile and said hello, Sagar held out his hand to shake and it was then this weird man came out of his trance and shook Sagar's hand. He asked us to have a seat; I looked around his office and could make his eyes on me. Now I did not like this guy and I doubt I will be able to work with him if he keeps on staring like this. I heard someone clear his throat and to my surprise it was none other than Mr. Ayaan as I looked at him he finally spoke...

"I am really sorry to keep you both waiting, Abdul did you order some refreshments for them?"

"It's alright we are just fine, and we did nothave to wait for too long anyway" I said but he still asked Abdul to order colddrinks for everyone. I don't know why but I am having a feeling that thismeeting is going to take more time than usual, and if this is gonna happen itbetter be good. I looked at Sagar and he gave me a look saying 'I am here don't worry'. Well after all Itrust my friend that's why I am here at first place, and I know if I am notsatisfied then Sagar won't force me to deal with the guy. To my relief Mr.Ayaan started with the meeting and I must say I was glad when he spoke aboutwork.