Epilogue

Ayaan's POV

Last night was just out of the world, after breakfast we were just sitting. Zuby was on my lap and I held her firmly, we were watching some show on the TV when Zuby suddenly turned to me and tried getting down. I didn't let her so she hit my arm playfully saying...

"I am not going anywhere, just want to turn around and tell you something" I let her turn around but before she could tell me whatever she wanted to I pecked her eyes, her cheeks, her nose and then her lips. She still gets shy and I love to see the blush on her cheeks....

"Stop doing this otherwise I won't be able to tell you..." I laughed at her cute reaction and then asked her to continue...

"I have never shared this with anyone before, not even Sagarika. You know last night when you kind of proposed me; it was actually the second proposal of my life." Immediately I had a frown on my face thinking who could it be and why is Zuby telling me this. She understood my reaction and quickly spoke...

"Don't go to any conclusions, it's not what you think." Trusting her I nodded my head and let her continue...

"You know I have studied here in Dubai till grade 1." She laughed a little and said...

"It is really funny when I think about it, when I was in kindergarten there was a boy in my class. We were friends as far as I remember and one day he asked me who I will marry when I grow up." She started laughing and my eyes were as big as saucers, did Zuby actually remember me?? Zuby noticed my surprised reaction and laughed even more before continuing...

"I know it's really surprising to think of a mere 4-5 years old child asking about marriage. But you know what he didn't stop there; I remember telling him that I have so many friends so I have no idea who I will marry. And then he asked me if I will marry him. I guess I told him that I can't decide...but the weird thing was that he never came to school after that day. I don't even remember his name now, not even how he looked." I looked at her with awe, my Zuby actually remembered me, so what if she didn't recall my name or my face. But I was there in her mind all along. Taking a deep breath Zuby said...

"Whenever I used to be upset because of the turn of events in my life, sometimes I used to wonder how good it could be if he actually looked for me and took all my pain away. But then I guess Allah Almighty had you out here for me that's why he never came back to me. I really wonder how many girls that boy would have proposed till now. Imagine if he proposed in kindergarten then when he would have grown up how many girls he would have proposed till now." The last words she said in between giggles and the next words came out of my mouth without me having a second thought about them...

"He never proposed anyone else but you." Zuby suddenly stopped laughing and stared at me shocked. It was then I realized what i had said. Zuby relaxed in a few seconds and asked me...

"How can you be so sure? It's not like you know him." I couldn't meet her gaze at this point. I knew now that she did remember me but will it be fine if I just tell her that I am the same kid she is talking about. I had my answer and so taking in a deep breath I reached for my mobile, opening my photo gallery I showed a picture to Zuby, she first narrowed her eyes then gasped and her hands covered her mouth. She shook her head and said...

"It can't be, how do you have this photograph Yaanu?" I showed her our class photograph; of course she recognized the photo. I pointed out the little Zuby in the photo who was looking right at the camera with a beautiful smile on her face. And there stood the little me in the row behind her, not looking in the camera but at her with a soft smile on my face. I told Zuby...

"This is the boy who proposed you Zuby. And I know him very well; he was searching for you for almost 20 years and then one day just like that you walked into his office." Zuby's hands covered her mouth once again and tears started flowing from her big doe eyes. I wiped her tears and spoke...

"These beautiful eyes always attracted me and that day in my office the moment I saw them again after years I was sure you are the one, My Zuby." Zuby hugged me and I happily hugged her back, I really wonder if all this is a beautiful dream. Almighty has already blessed me with Zuby as my wife and now after knowing that she remembered me I feel like my heart will come out of my chest any time soon.

"I still can't believe you are the same boy. I feel pathetic that I didn't recognize you or even remember your name." Zuby mumbled in my chest and I immediately pulled back and made her look at me...

"Don't say that, you remembered me and I can't be happier. I asked everyone to keep this from you because I knew you will feel bad. But trust me Jaan I never expected you to remember and I am more than happy that I could make you fall in love with me at the right time." Zuby nodded her head in agreement and asked me who all knew about this. She was surprised to know that everyone knew, mom, dad, Bhai, Sagar and Sagarika. She hugged me even tighter and I did the same, never in my life had I expected her to remember me and here she was telling me about the best incident of my life. I pulled out of her arms and kissed her passionately, Zuby kissed me back with the same emotions.

No matter how much satisfied I was after Zuby confessed her love for me the sense of completion that I feel right now is beyond any other feeling. Today I believe that the fairytales people read in books can actually happen to real people. This is our fairytale which started when I proposed in kindergarten.