Chapter-37 Losing Temper

Ayaan's POV

Leaving Zuby with mom I drive towards our area police station. I am thankful to Allah that Bhai was home when that guy attacked. At least he caught him and called the police. I want to make sure that the guy gets punished, plus I also want to have his confession and know who send him. Once I get to know who is behind this I will make sure the master mind pays for making my wife cry. I am somewhere sure this has definitely something to do with Ashfaq. The police station is almost half an hour drive from our house and I first call Sagar. He has studied law and I am sure he will be able to help me deal with the police in the best possible way. I ask him to come to the police station; he will help me with my FIR and all.

Sagar was furious to know about the incident, he was also extremely concerned about his best friend. I have seen how protective Sagar and Sagarika are of Zuby. It feels really good that she has such good friends by her side.

I reach the police station and called Sagar to see how much time he will take to reach here...

S-Did you reach already?
A-Yes. How much time will you take?
S-Give me another ten minutes. You go in and check till then. Get the basic details by the time I reach.
A-No, I will wait for you. I am sure I will lose my temper so I need someone to hold me back. I am here to press charges against that man not to get myself in some trouble.
S-Oh c'mon Ayaan. What trouble will you land in man? The officers will understand your fury.
A-Not if out of anger I hit any of them.
S-What??
A-You don't know how I get when I am totally pissed.
S-Hmmm...ok relax I will be there before you know.
A-I am waiting.

I hung up and stayed in my car, I know Sagar won't believe me till he sees me acting like a mad bull. I won't blame him for anything since he has no idea how furious I can get. Thinking of my anger issues I don't even remember last time when did I actually get angry on someone. If I am not wrong ever since I found my Zuby I have been able to keep a check on my temper. But today it's her who is in danger, and I can't or rather I don't want to keep a check on my rage. I take in a few deep breaths and try to keep myself under control. Allah knows how I will react on seeing the culprit right in front of my eyes.
Within ten minutes Sagar was here and he parked his car beside mine...

"Let's go in..." I was out of my car in an instant and we walked towards the police station while Sagar continued...

"I told Sagu and my mom about everything, they are on their way to see Zuby. I tried to talk Sagarika into visiting Zuby tomorrow morning but she was desperate to check on her bestie." I gave him a nod and said...

"It's ok. In fact I think it will be good if Sagarika visits Zuby now, I am sure Zuby will feel much better. Though mom and dad are there with her but I know how close she is to Sagarika. And don't feel bad buddy but she is closer to her than you." Sagar gave me bored look, I wonder if I should tell him about the good news? I think I will tell him once we are out of here.

As we enter the police station Sagar asks for the officer in charge and soon we are seated in front of him. We discuss the whole situation and I also inform the officer about the same man stalking Zuby few days back. Though the officer said that we should have complained after that incident but anyway the guy is arrested now and that's what matters. I asked him if the attacker confessed why he did all this and came to know that they have not yet started interrogating him. I banged my hand on the table and asked the officer for the reason behind the delay; Sagar was quick to hold me while the officer warned me to behave myself. I told them I wanted to see the man; I can't just spare him like that. The officer asked a junior to take me to the man. He was behind the bar sitting on a bench. His eyes fell on me and he gave me a wicked smile. I wanted to punch him hard at that moment but since the cell was locked I couldn't just barge in. But I knew that I had to do something and so I tried to rile him up. He was an over confident p*g and thought that I won't be able to do anything to him till he is locked behind the bars. Yet again someone underestimated me, the moment he reached near the bar and spat on the floor saying that I can't do anything and my wife will suffer very soon. I lost all control and grabbed him by the collar, I was standing outside but it was enough for me to get a hold of his collar. Without wasting a single second I started banging his forehead on the bar. The policeman standing behind me tried to stop me but I didn't budge. I banged his head enough times to leave him bleeding, somehow Sagar dragged me back. I got out of his hold and was about to again get a hold of that man when Sagar said...

"Ayaan you need to be with Zuby, she needs you right now and you can't afford to get arrested yourself" I took a deep breath and glared at the man one more time before walking away. The officer in charge once again warned me and Sagar asked me to wait in the car while he will finish all the paperwork here.

I was not willing to leave but then thinking of Zuby I tried to calm myself. Sagar is right she needs me and I can't get myself in any situation which will keep me away from her. I took deep breaths, trying to control my anger. After about half an hour Sagar was out and patted my back...

"Don't worry; I have handled things for now. They will do their inquiry and let us know of the progress." I nodded and leaned against my car with my eyes closed...

"You were right when you said Zuby needs me right now...we are going to be parents" there was silence for a couple of seconds and I opened my eyes to see Sagar staring at me with wide eyes. Before I could question him about his sudden silence he gave me a big hug and shook me like anything. I laughed at his reaction...

"You fool...you are telling me this now? When did you people find out?" He asked me with a smile on his face...

"Few hours back, when Zuby fainted we took her to the emergency and there we came to know after her blood reports came." Sagar shook his head; it seemed like he was recalling something and then told me something I had no idea about...

"Did Zuby tell you that she loves babies but never holds them since she is scared of dropping them?" We both laughed at this and my heart starting beating faster out of excitement knowing that my wife not just likes but loves babies. I told Sagar that we actually never discussed all this.

I reached back home and dad told me that Sagarika and her mom just left few minutes back. Sagar wanted to meet Zuby too but then seeing the time he decided to come tomorrow. It was almost 10 when I reached home; mom had already fed Zuby and asked her to sleep. Well yes, she actually fed Zuby with her own hands. Dad told me how mom was being overprotective as well as overjoyed. I am worried for Zuby's health but at the same time I know mom will take care of her. I served myself dinner and took my plate to my room. I wanted to eat there, who I am kidding I just want to be closer to my wife. Now more than ever before. Just as I was about to enter my room I got a call from Adila Appi. I guess mom informed her about today's incident. Anyway I took her call while standing outside my room in an attempt to not disturb Zuby...

Ad-Hello
A-Hey Adila Appi how are you?
Ad-I am fine. How are you? I have been trying Zuby's mobile from almost an hour and she is not taking my call. Where is she?
A-She is asleep Adila Appi and I think mom must have put her mobile on silent mode.
Ad-Why did she sleep so early? I she alright?
A-I thought mom told you that's why you called me.
Ad-I didn't talk to Phuppu. What are you talking about?
A-Actually few hours back when Zuby came back from her boutique a man tried to attack her with acid.
Ad-*gasp* what are you saying? Is Zuby alright?
A-Don't worry Appi she is absolutely fine. Bhai was home and that man was not able to harm Zuby. He has been arrested as well.
Ad-Ayaanu please get her checkup done. I am worried for Zuby; she wanted to talk to you about something important.
A-Ok, so I guess Zuby discussed her doubt with you already.
Ad-I guess yes....
A-Hmm...You are going to be a Phuppu(Aunt) Adila Appi. And by the way we didn't get to talk to each other but came to know about the good news when I took Zuby to the hospital.
Ad-Hospital???? Why???
A-Relax Adila Appi, everything is under control now. Actually Zuby had a panic attack and fainted so we took her to the emergency of Bhai's hospital. But please don't worry she is absolutely fine.
Ad-Thanks to Allah Almighty for keeping her safe. Take care of her Ayaan. I will call in the morning then talk to Zuby.
A-Sure Adila Appi. Take care.

I love it how Zuby has made her place in everyone's heart in such a short span of time. I enter my room to see the love of my life already asleep. I still can't believe that we are going to be parents soon. I know we did not discuss this before but I am extremely happy. I finish my dinner and keep my plate on the bedside table. After changing into my sweatpants and a t shirt I get into bed. I pull Zuby closer to myself and she turns around and cuddles with me. Holding her tight I promise myself to keep her safe and happy. I hope by tomorrow I get to know about whoever is responsible behind that attack. But for tonight I want to just hold my wife and thank Allah for giving her to me.