Chapter-32 Five Long Days

Ayaan's POV

I am not able to digest the fact that my own wife happily said yes to stay away from me for 5 long days. I am angry, upset, disappointed, rejected...ya Allah I don't even know how to categorize my feelings right now. How can she just say yes with the blink of an eye? And mom...I can't believe she can be so selfish. I mean this is ridiculous. Only I know how I finished dinner tonight. And now here I am pacing in my room from the last 5 minutes. I didn't even try the dessert. I wonder what mom made today. She just said it was a surprise but I couldn't sit there any longer after listening to mom and Zuby's conversation. None of them bothered to ask me, I know Zuby didn't like to see me walk away without having dessert. I know I would have said something that might hurt her or may be mom if I stayed with them any longer right now.

I am also feeling like an idiot to make my wife upset, but I am way too upset myself to think about her. What?? For God's sake I am just a normal person, there is no doubt that I love her but she can't just ignore me and take decisions of her life as if I don't matter. I definitely don't dominate her but I can't gulp in this situation right now.

I really wonder what was mom thinking before asking Zuby to go with her and dad to Adila Appi's home and stay there for a whole 5 days before Zoya's marriage. To hell with family gatherings and meeting everyone, I don't give a sh*t about all this nonsense.

I mean it's just been two months to our marriage, already Zuby asked me to plan our honeymoon after Zoya's wedding. She said she wants to have a little long vacation and since I am busy these days we could not have gone for more than a week. Well she actually doesn't know that I am busy working on her dream boutique. I smile at how happy she would be once she comes to know about my surprise. Not again Ayaan...either stay angry with your wife or keep on smiling like a fool while thinking about her...my inner voice taunts me.

I take a deep breath and lay on my bed; I was the one to agree with Zuby to go to Dubai for our honeymoon after Zoya's wedding for a fortnight. But that doesn't mean she can go for 5 days without me. Moreover I want to know what is wrong with this girl, first during our own wedding she didn't go to her boutique for almost ten days and now again she will be gone for five days. It's not like she need to earn money for a living or something but I really love the fact that she is a self-dependent person. And if she keeps on leaving her boutique like this on Shifa and Neetu then it will definitely affect her work and also reputation. I think I need to talk to mom about this too; she keeps on giving her innocent looks to Zuby and asks her to accompany her. I actually don't mind them spending time at home but this is too much. And who are these silly far off relatives mom wants Zuby to meet?

Argghhh!! I am really mad right now; I rub my temples because of the growing headache. Just then Zuby enters our room and I don't want to talk to her right now so I just turn to the other side so that I am not facing her. I hear her sigh, and know she is walking towards me. She sits behind me and keeps her hand on my arm...

"Yaanu... what's wrong?" Oh I love it when she calls me 'Yaanu' and what's this...she sounds upset. I want to immediately turn around and ask her why she sounds so upsets. But then I keep a hold on my emotions, she should understand how difficult it will be for me to stay away from her for 5 days. She should know how lonely I will get. Since I stay quiet Zuby tries to push me a little forward and lies behind me wrapping her hand around my torso....

"Please talk to me...I know you are upset as I said yes to mom..." I can feel her sniff and hold back a sob. Ok now I guess it's enough, no matter what the reason is but I can't see her crying. I immediately turn to face her and embrace her tightly in my arms. She finally starts crying and I curse under my breath, why did I have to react like this. I could have talked to her properly but no I am an idiot to make my wife cry. I pull out of the embrace and wipe her tears then kiss her forehead saying...