Chapter- 18 A Shameful Act

A/N: This chapter contains physical abuse; I want to remind again that this story is pure fiction, all based on my imagination. I as an individual DO NOT support any kind of physical or verbal abuse against any human.

Third Person's POV

Her vision was blurred due to the tears that were now pouring out of her eyes. Zuby's cheek still felt the sting from the slap her aunt just gave her. But she could not understand the reason behind this action. And just as if her aunt read her mind she spoke with disgust...

"How dare you send that boy to Sahil?" Zuby did hear the question but was still confused; she just didn't know which boy her aunt is talking about. And why is Sahil's name in this? She dared to look up in her aunt's eyes and asked almost in a whisper...

"Which boy are you talking about? I didn't send anyone to Sahil." This time Ashfaq got up from where he was sitting and came near Zuby while taking off his belt from the trousers he was wearing. Zuby was scared to see him walk towards her. Ashfaq's eyes were burning in rage and he moved his mother and stood in front of Zuby. Looking at her in disgust he whispered near her ear...

"Today I will show you the aftermath of rejecting me" A shiver ran through Zuby's spine and before she could say or do anything Ashfaq hit her with his belt. She screamed out of pain and fell on the floor. Ashfaq was mad, he was furious and the only reason was that he couldn't take it that Zuby rejected him and was in a relationship with another guy. It was not that he loved her or something but he was just obsessed with her. He controlled his emotions till he thought she is marrying someone just because she can't say no to his parents. But this morning (Thursday) around 10 when his father got a call from Sahil's father everything changed. Sahil's parents wanted to come to meet Zuby's uncle and aunt all of a sudden. Jawwad, Sara and even Ashfaq were anxious to know why they wanted to meet so urgently.
Sahil along with his parents reached Zuby's house around 11 am when Zuby was not at home, totally unaware that something very cruel is about to happen with her. Sahil and his parents accused Zuby to be having an affair with some boy. They also said that the same boy even threatened Sahil and asked him to call off the marriage. Sahil's parents insulted Jawwad and his family; they called names to Zuby and finally called off the marriage and walked away.

After all Ayaan did threaten Sahil, but no one knew about him and Sahil told his parents an absolutely different story. A story which convinced everyone that Zuby was a character less girl and will go to any extent to stop this marriage. His motive was completed and he got a reason to back off from this marriage. Now he was glad that he could again try and convince his parents to let him marry his lover. What he was not aware of was that Zuby will be abused tonight.

Thinking about how his parents were insulted in their own house...yes they called this their own house despite of the fact it was Zuby's...how Zuby had a relationship with someone else, now Ashfaq lost all control and thrashed Zuby without any mercy. She pleaded him to stop, asked her uncle to stop him. Even asked her aunt to show some mercy but her voice fell on deaf ears. Ashfaq kept hitting her with his belt till the sleeves of her anarkali (dress) were torn. It was then when Jawwad stopped his son...
"Enough now Ashfaq" Zuby heard her uncle say...she was broken and in pain beyond words. Humiliated since her dress was torn. She tried to get up from the floor when her uncle spoke again...
"I hope you have learnt your lesson today Zuby. I regret not listening to Sara and letting you select your husband. I should have understood when Sara told me that there was no need to ask you or even tell you about the boy we select as your husband" there was a pause and he continued...
"But it is still not late and I have finalized the boy you will get married to. And this time you will not even know his name. Day after tomorrow on Saturday will be your wedding." Zuby was shocked and didn't know how to react. She still did not understand what she has done to deserve all this. Deciding that she needed to know her fault she gathered all the courage in her beaten and battered self and asked once more...
"But what have I done?" Sara was surprised to see that the girl still has the guts to deny whatever happened. Sara, Jawwad and Ashfaq believed everything that Sahil told them. Hence Sara answered Zuby gritting her teeth...
"Today morning Sahil came with his parents. They insulted us because of your actions. Your lover had threatened Sahil two days back and asked him to call off the marriage. I still can't believe you could try such a thing." Zuby knew it was no point saying that she has no lover and she sent no one to Sahil. She just walked to her room, tears continuously kept flowing. She was in immense pain but managed to get in her room and locked the door. She lied on her bed and cried, this was something she had never expected. Now she understood why she had negative feelings throughout the evening.

Her uncle and his family have not physically abused her since many years now; they used to do it every few days after the first month of their stay with Zuby. They would beat her for little things, but it was never so cruel earlier. The worst before this was when her aunt hurt her with the knife.

Zuby thought that just one more day and then she will be married to God knows who. Even after so much pain Zuby got up and finally changed her clothes. She did her own first aid and took pain killers. Then she offered her night prayers and cried in prostration. She prayed to her Allah Almighty to make things easier for her. She did not lose hope in her Creator and after praying fell asleep.

Jawwad and Sara had already convinced the NOW groom to be's family that they came to know about some illegal activities the boy they had earlier selected for their niece Zuby was involved in. And they also tell a lie that Jawwad has severe heart problems because of which they want Zuby to get married on the same date which was decided with the previous boy. Yes, the third lie was that Zuby was supposed to get married after two days on Saturday. The now groom's family had really liked Zuby and wanted her to be a part of their family so somehow agreed for the wedding on such a short notice. They decided that they will give the reception party after a week so that they can invite all their family and friends. No matter how much Jawwad and his wife Sara wanted to marry Zuby to the worst guy possible but for the sake of their image in society they had to select a decent boy from a good family.

Zuby woke up at the ringing of her mobile, she checked the time which was 10 pm. Sagarika was calling her; she and Sagar were worried since Zuby did not call them to inform that she safely reached. Thinking twice Zuby finally answered the call. Sagarika asked her whether she reached safely and why didn't she call. Zuby tried her best to sound normal and answered her friend. She did not want to worry her friends at this hour specially when Sagarika herself was hurt. But Sagarika was able to make out the slight shiver in Zuby's voice and asked her..."are you crying??" On hearing his sister ask this Sagar came and sat closer to Sagarika. Zuby could not hold herself and started crying profusely; Sagarika was worried sick as to what happened. She tried to ask Zuby again and again then finally Zuby told her that she was beaten. Sagarika was stunned and became numb for a second. Just then Zuby disconnected the call, with tears in her eyes Sagarika told Sagar that Zuby was beaten up. Sagar asked Sagarika to make a video call to Zuby, he wanted to see his friend and know how much damage has been done. Sagarika did as her brother asked her, Zuby first thought about disconnecting the call but she knew right now she needs comfort from her friends. She plugged in her earphones and answered the video call. The last thing she wanted right now was someone to hear her conversation with her best friends. Sagarika's hand flew to her mouth and tears started flowing from her eyes when she saw the slap mark on her best friend's cheek. Sagar could not stop himself and took the mobile in his hand. A gasp left his mouth the moment he saw Zuby. She then told them about the abuse she suffered some time back and also told them everything else. Sagar stiffened at hearing that Sahil said that a boy threatened him. Sagar knew this could be no one else but Ayaan, his blood boiled and he decided to visit Ayaan immediately. But first he tried to calm Zuby and also Sagarika who was crying by now. The twin siblings wanted to go see Zuby right now but Zuby stopped them and asked them to come tomorrow. After talking to Zuby Sagar told his sister that he is going to meet Ayaan and beat the sh*t out of him. Sagarika asked him to be sure first that Ayaan was the one to go and threaten Sahil to which Sagar told her that he has no doubt. Sagarika was upset that she hurt herself and could not go with Zuby tonight. May be if she had not sprained her foot and gone with Zuby for sleepover all this could have been avoided.

Sagar drove towards Ayaan's house, he was tooangry at the fact that finally because of Ayaan's desperate behavior Zuby hadto pay the price. Zuby's bruises were in front of his eyes and the pain shemust be going through was something he knew he can't even imagine. Sagarreached Ayaan's house in almost half an hour and parked his car outside themain gate of his house. Sagar then called Ayaan on his mobile and asked him tocome outside saying that there was something important he wanted to talk about.Sagar was cent percent sure that Ayaan was the guy Sahil mentioned. It was notthat he wanted Zuby to marry Sahil but he never wanted to get rid of thisproposal in such a way. And now they don't even know who she is getting marriedto. Pacing impatiently finally Sagar saw Ayaan coming out of his house. Withoutthinking twice Sagar walked towards Ayaan and punched him straight in the face.