Chapter-5 In Pin Safety Pin

Zuby's POV

By the time we finished our lunch it was around 4 in the evening and I thought of closing my boutique half an hour early today. One there were not many customers today and two because I was not able to concentrate on work. I had already given the day off to Neetu and Shifa, my employees. Sagar helped me to pull down the shutters and hang the closed sign at my main entrance. I locked the door from inside and the three of us sat in my office. I finally opened the file which was supposed to be holding my future, a future which was decided by others and I had no say in it. Anyway the first picture and bio data was of a guy named Sahil Ali Khan; he was 28 years old and owns a fast food restaurant. He is the only child to his parents and they live together in a 5 BHK apartment in one of the best localities in our city.

Hmm.... He looks fine, he has not got the model looks but seemed fine with his tanned complexion and straight nose, I could make out he had broad shoulders and his height was mentioned 5'11". Well to be honest I am surprised my so called family did not finalize the ugliest guy for me, but then I know their reputation matters a lot to them. Anyway we then looked at the next guy's profile; yes the three of us were scrutinizing these guys together. This guy is a neurosurgeon, his name is Arhan Siddiqui and he is 29 years old, he lives with his parents and younger brother. Ok so he has a sibling as well, I saw his picture and at first sight I could see that he is more handsome as compared to Sahil. He is more of the tall dark handsome type. His height is mentioned 6'2" and I don't know why but looking at his picture I feel I have either seen him somewhere or he resembles someone I know.

Moving on to the third and last bio data, this one is of Iqbal Khan who is the branch manager at one of the SBI branches in our city and lives with his parents. He is also 28 years old and has two elder sisters who are both married. He also looks pretty fine, but I don't know why I am keeping him out of my list. May be because I have a gut feeling he is the most boring among them all, I know it sounds absurd to decide that someone is a boring person by just looking at their picture. I think I will decide between Arhan and Sahil. Let's see what my twin besties have to say.

"What do you guys say?" I asked my friends, Sagar took a deep breath and answered me...

"First you tell what's on your mind? We will give our suggestion after listening to you."

"Well...no doubt if I go after looks then this Arhan guy scores better but then I think his profession will keep him really busy. I mean no offence to his line of work, of course I know how much effort it is needed by one to become a doctor. But I want a husband who can at least give me some time, and as far as I know the working hours of doctors are quite a lot. It is definitely a noble profession but I guess I am being a bit selfish." Both Sagar and Sagarika hummed in response so I got the cue to continue...

"On the other hand Sahil's looks are not as attractive as Arhan but then I believe looks are not the only thing I want to see in my husband. He is also a businessman and owns his restaurant; I guess we might have a better understanding when it will come to our line of work. And also because he owns his restaurant I guess he will be able to give me more time. I think I am more inclined towards Sahil. And Iqbal is already out of the list for me. Now tell me what do you guys think?" Both my friends looked at each other and Sagarika spoke...

"I agree with you Zuby and I support you in your decision. I am sure Sagar also agrees with me..." she raised an eyebrow at Sagar who spoke...

"Yes I am with you, I guess then you answer your Uncle tonight and tell him that you will marry Sahil. I know he won't allow you to meet them but it would have been a little helpful in taking a decision if you could meet the guys. Though I know one meeting can't tell you much about a person but something is better than nothing."