Chapter-24 Acceptance

Zuby's POV

As I enter my husband's house which is also my new house now, the first words I hear break my heart. I don't know who she is but she is definitely very angry at someone... my husband?? I can't see around properly because of the sehra.

"What in the world were you thinking before becoming the groom and marrying the girl who was supposed to get married to your own brother?" My heart is pounding furiously and it seems to come out of my chest any minute now, am I married to the wrong person? Is this marriage even legal? Have I already become a reason of rift between this family? Did one brother betray the other because of me? A sea of questions was swirling in my mind when I hear more of the same woman's voice...

"I can't believe you can go to this level...And you Bilal of all the people...you also broke our trust..."I wonder who Bilal is? Then I hear a male voice...

"Mom it is not what you are thinking please let us explain first" He was cut off by the same female voice...

"What explanation will you give Arhan?? We were humiliated back at the bride's home when everyone saw the groom." Arhan???Who is he? Is he my husband? I don't recognize any of these voices and I feel like my head is spinning in confusion then I hear a voice I think I have heard before...it's another guy...

"We never meant to humiliate you both mom..." this one was also cut off mid-sentence by an authoritative male voice...

"Just shut up Ayaan...." Ayaan??? Did I hear right?? And is he the same Ayaan I know?? Oh Allah what is happening? It's not even five minutes since I entered this house and people are already arguing with each other because of my marriage to God knows who?

Between all the confusion I couldn't budge from my place, I was able to make out that Adila and Sagarika have been trying to pull me in but I seem to have stuck at one place. Then I hear the first male voice again...

"Mom and dad please let's talk about this in a while, at least let Zuby enter the house and settle first. No matter what she is still the new bride in our house." I hear the lady hiss...

"You are talking of the new bride? I believed her to be your wife and then I get the shocker of my life that your brother married her. I doubt how much she knows of all this and how much my liking towards her will remain any more..." my heart sank to a whole new level but she was interrupted before she could complete and I heard a very furious man speak...

"Enough mom...I know you are upset and you have every right to be angry with me but Zuby knows nothing of this so you better leave her out of this and anyway I will not tolerate anything wrong said about my wife, not even by you." This was definitely Ayaan and now I felt dizzy before I tried to balance myself I heard Sagu scream my name...I felt everything around me went black for a second but then I regained my balance by holding on to Sagu tightly. Everyone was quiet for a moment then I heard the same woman speak...by now I was sure she is my mother in law...

"Adila take her in and give her some water" this time she didn't sound as angry as before. This time I let Adila guide me in as I have no energy left in me to stand here anymore.

As I walk I realize my husband's room is upstairs but with the help of Sagu and Adila I climb up the stairs with both of them holding my gharara so that I don't trip. As we reach inside Adila helps me settle on the bed. Finally after so long I speak...

"Who is my husband? And what was all this chaos about?" I hear Adila sigh as she sits beside me. But Sagu is the one to answer me...

"You are married to Ayaan...the same guy you know...and before you panic let me tell you that your marriage is legal and your nikah was done with Ayaan only...." I patiently wait for her to continue...